STIHL Incorporated - Proud to work at STIHL Inc. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for STIHL Incorporated

"Proud to work at STIHL Inc."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at STIHL Incorporated full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I enjoy the closeness that the employees enjoy with supervisors and management team. Management is approachable and has an open door policy the employees enjoy and take advantage of. I always feel as if I'm coming home when I come to work.

Cons

None that I can think of; I am very content. Well, only the fact that we do not have a Starbucks Cafe on premises to get my regular java jolt.

Other Employee Reviews for STIHL Incorporated

1. "Best job I have ever had"

Current Employee - Manager in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Manager in Virginia Beach, VA

I have been working at STIHL Incorporated full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

I am thankful every day that I get to work with amazing professionals producing and distributing amazing products. I get to do work that constantly pushes me to be better every day and in the process meet truly remarkable people all around the world. I spend my day in a professional and positive work environment. The company believes in employee development and I have no shortage of opportunities to improve myself through company provided training as well as support for outside education I want to pursue. The company is privately held by the Stihl family, and those family values show up throughout the company. I have fun at my job and receive excellent pay and benefits in return. For the most part I like everyone I work with, and everyone seems to understand what the common goals are that we work towards. Can't ask for more than that.

Cons

None that I can think of.

Advice to Management

keep up the great work.

"Middle and top management very political and disloyal to subordinates, good product line, good opportunities for females"

Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Virginia Beach, VA
    Current Employee - Senior Buyer in Virginia Beach, VA

Pros

Open opportunities for promotion for professional females

Cons

Very harsh middle / upper management style, high turnover in purchasing and engineering

Advice to Management

Middle management team to drive out fear to allow the employee talent base to flourish