STMicroelectronics - Great Place to Work | Glassdoor

"Great Place to Work"

Former Employee - Equipment Manager in Carrollton, TX
Former Employee - Equipment Manager in Carrollton, TX

Pros

Excellent Company to work for.

Cons

Moved business overseas unless you are in sales

Advice to Management

Thank you for everything. It was a great place to work!

Other Employee Reviews for STMicroelectronics

1. "Marketing Engineer, division"

Current Employee - Marketing Engineer, Division in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Marketing Engineer, Division in Dallas, TX

Pros

the benenfits are great and the pay is excellent, and the work is very stimulating and challenging and usually pleasant.

Cons

Employees are required to take 7-8 days of vacation every quarter to reduce cost liabilities, It is impossible to use the 3-4 weeks you have earned to take one long and well-earned relaxing vacation. This policy causes stress and is unhealthy. Nobody likes this policy.

Advice to Management

I realize the company has our European business climate, but to do business in the USA, we have to support our American colleagues who are tasked to do that business in the U.S. customers' expectations. An example of how we are not adequately supporting that business model is: months of work by the salesman and marketing engineer can be lost because someone has to wait a week or more to get information because in the factorys, this happens mostly in France and Italy, Engineer A is on holiday and refers to Engineer B, and Behold! Engineer B is also on holiday and their OoO reply says to refer to the Engineer A. Then at escalation the manager is also on holiday or does not have the info, or some other issue, even to high management, and the action languishes for a week or more and the otherwise sale is lost because the customer's engineer got tired of waiting and called a competitor having plants and engineers in the USA, and got services immediately for the same kind of questions on the competing direct replacement part. We must not continue to allow the customers' engineers to wait for service and lose business because our European business culture is not delivering to the expectations to USA customers. In my division we have lost several high profit opportunities because we are not do a good job on this, and we cannot blame the Americas sales and marketing force. They are on-the-spot for us, but we have to adapt and improve our delays.

2. "Place to work if you can just blend into the mediocrity"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros

Relaxed work environment
    Good benefits
    Competitive Salary

Cons

Relaxed environment benefits the people who are lazy or subpar performers
    Career advancement is slow
    Management style and direction is inconsistent

Advice to Management

Reward the top performers and get rid of the lackies