STOPSO - Breath of fresh air | Glassdoor

"Breath of fresh air"

I have been working at STOPSO full-time

Pros

It's a small new government contracting company, riding the 8A small business DOD contracting boom. Good management, appropriate salaries, and decent benefits. The owner is a true leader, in every sense of the word. There was a hiccup early on in this contract, and senior management responded quickly, effectively and fairly.

Cons

We are at a large geographic distance from the home office. The silence is sometimes deafening when changes are being orchestrated. I'm not sure if the quietness is a culture thing or a getting used to off site people.

Advice to Management

Communicate with us more.

Other Employee Reviews for STOPSO

1. "Proceed with Caution"

Former Employee - Contractor
    Former Employee - Contractor

I worked at STOPSO full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Health Insurance policy is great. Was $100 a month, no deductible, free generics, decent copay, vision insurance actually covered corrective lenses

Cons

The company is sexist. The only person on my contract who got a promotion was a man, who had less experience than other females. They do not give annual raises. Negotiate hard with them at the beginning because that will be your pay for your entire time unless you somehow get a promotion. They are a sinking ship. They are losing contracts and they have a history of underbidding contracts and then asking people to take pay cuts. They had one good manager, who left and started her own company, it went downhill from there.

Advice to Management

If you don't want high turnover rates, give your employees the salaries they deserve and give them regular raises. Keep up with the great health insurance. You could also compete better if you offered more PTO. Many companies offer 15 from the start, instead of the 10, then 12, then eventually 15 that you offer. Contracts don't last long enough to earn that.

2. "Great Job; Vague Company Goals"

I worked at STOPSO full-time

Pros

Team at HQ try their best to assist

Cons

Lack of leadership/mentoring from upper management