STV - Very satisfied! | Glassdoor

"Very satisfied!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

I have been working at STV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

STV has great benefits. It’s an employee owned company which means we don’t answer to shareholders and, as employees, we are invested in our own success.
Being a younger employee on the earlier side of my career, it means a lot to me that my managers listen to my input and actively make changes according to my suggestions.

Cons

I don’t personally feel this way, but I know that some of the other offices outside of headquarters sometimes feel disconnected.

Advice to Management

Work to make all the offices feel connected and as important as headquarters.

Other Employee Reviews for STV

"Think Twice Before Accepting a Proposal Manager Job with STV"

Former Employee - Senior Proposal Manager in Irvine, CA
    Former Employee - Senior Proposal Manager in Irvine, CA

I worked at STV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The employees at STV work very hard. They are called on to wear many hats. Employees that remain with the company for more than 3 years are able to benefit from the ESOP plan.

Cons

Overall management has poor leadership skills
    The company overall, and especially the marketing department, is disorganized
    The mktg dept does not have a CRM nor do they have any knowledge of CRM databases and their purpose
    They sit on RFP/RFQs for 2 to 3 weeks and then give you a week, if you are lucky, to prepare a submittal
    The go/no-go decisions are rarely made, and if they are a go, rarely do they have the staff or experience let alone any differentiators to sell STV
    Too many egos and not any collaboration between departments - i.e. creative services (graphics), marketing, and the technical staff - a lot of complaining
    Marketing dept leadership does not want to change - their favorite quote is "this is how we have always done things"
    People are overworked and therefore often rude - but I did not blame them - it just made for a negative work environment because everyone is on edge and always looking over their shoulder
    My experience includes leadership flat out lying and being deceptive
    The mktg dept does not have a database listing all proposals or any databases for that matter - they have folders setup on every office drive - you have to go through about 50 folders to find what you need
    Extremely high turnover of proposal managers - during the 9 months I was employed it was a completely new group except
    Marketing has a bad reputation on both the east and west coasts - Know one has lasted in SoCal for more than a year
    They refuse to change and therefore are stuck in procedures and processes that were being used in the 1990s - and yes, we have come a long way baby in proposal management since last century!

If you are at a job that you like or isn't so bad - I would suggest you stay where you are or keep looking. I wish I had never left my job for STV. It was the biggest mistake of my career. The good news - I'm working for a fabulous company now - but I could have done without the drama.

Advice to Management

Grow up and stop being so insecure - when you combine the strengths of each individual, the company becomes stronger as a whole.

"I'm shocked at STV's low rating. I really like my job!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I have been working at STV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great benefts, growing company, stability, friendly work environment, great location, potential for growth within the company, mentorship... etc.

Cons

There are managers that seem a little out of touch or have been kept around too long, but it seems that STV is doing their best to get to the bottom of these issues through employee interviews and actually doing something about legitimate problems in a fair manner.