STV - STV combines experience with education for 100 years and beyond. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for STV

"STV combines experience with education for 100 years and beyond."

Current Employee - Corporate Administrator in Douglassville, PA
Current Employee - Corporate Administrator in Douglassville, PA

I have been working at STV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

STV is a great company to make a fresh start. They provide their employees with vast opportunities to expand their knowledge base through the myriad of training programs offered for employees in the technical and non-technical fields.

Cons

One often wishes they could duplicate themselves as there is always so much to learn and to do, but training must be taken one course at a time to ensure we provide our clients with the most cutting edge knowledge in our industry for projects awarded to us.

Advice to Management

Continue the open door policy and transparency with employees, so that everyone knows where they stand as well as any areas where they might need improvement.

Other Employee Reviews for STV

"Exciting work on world-class projects"

Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Engineer in New York, NY

I have been working at STV full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent opportunity for career development, regular performance evaluations and increases. Excellent benefits including ESOP, tuition reimbursement, an internal university and a great mentoring program. Majority of people have an excellent attitude and are very smart, but rarely feel the need to prove it.

Cons

There really aren't many to name but as with many large enterprises one must accept a higher level of risk-aversion to small projects and learn to navigate within a bureaucratically structured system.

Advice to Management

Consider more acquisitions of specialty firms.

"Major Changes for the Better"

Current Employee - IT Support in Douglassville, PA
    Current Employee - IT Support in Douglassville, PA

I have been working at STV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

New Sr. Management team that gets the fact that growth and technology are required to make STV successful for the next 100 years. Bad IT basses were eliminated across the board. Lots of new technology. i met with the new IT management more in one month, than in the five years prior. Great to work here now!
    Work remote policy in place
    New HR group listens
    Co-workers are great
    Chairman shook everyone's hand at the holiday party.

Cons

Not fast enough at removing manual processes and those that seem to like them.

Advice to Management

Keep bringing in the new blood. My new boss in IT is great.