STV - Great Opportunities, Good career growth | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for STV

"Great Opportunities, Good career growth"

Current Employee - Transportation Engineer in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Transportation Engineer in Washington, DC

I have been working at STV full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Variety of projects which helps you develop a wide skills set. Supportive and friendly staff. The supervisors make you feel comfortable, helping you to be confident about your work. Everyone is cross training which contributes to a successful team. Management has a good outlook, the secret for successful project execution and submission.

Cons

Very few cons! Give employees opportunities to work on nationwide projects.

Advice to Management

We have a very capable staff, more responsibilities will only bring better performances from everyone. Be aggressive chasing projects, we will be more successful.

Other Employee Reviews for STV

"Unsure how they are still in business"

Former Employee - Project Manager
    Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at STV full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Finally Giving two week notice.

Cons

Employee owned, low multiplier which means no overhead billing allowed. If you are given the ok to pursue an RFP, prepare to be given the go ahead at the last minute and also prepare yourself to do the proposal on your own time with little or no marketing support.

Also, the characters on the show "Mad Men" had better technology then we had while working there (2008-2010). Their HQ is in Douglasville, Pennsylvania, and I remember when all corporate communications were knocked out for over a week by a nearby accident involving an Amish horse and carriage. I kid you not. I guess redundancy in their systems is a luxury that they are not prepared to absorb.

"Great people and large projects"

I worked at STV full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Very large projects with room to grow and learn.

Cons

Most of the work is out of an office in a large city which has a higher cost of living. I would have liked if they could have proportionately bumped up the salary to help to compensate for the higher cost of living.

Advice to Management

Please talk to the people you manage - communication is crucial to building a team. Some managers were very conversational and had an open door policy, others didn't.