1. "Seriously?"

2.0
    Former Employee - FOH in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SUGARFISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good and isn’t dependent on tips, so you know exactly what you’ll walk away with. 50% off of the sushi...that’s about it.

Cons

For starters, seriously? I understand having pride in what you do, but the pressure here is crazy for no reason. They take themselves insanely seriously and are not a friendly company. The managers and GM’s are cold, rude, and unprofessional. I’ve worked in many restaurants and during my training week alone I felt so berated I cried more than once. Also - when you start in the company you are usually hired as a “floater”, meaning you will float amongst locations on any given day and your schedule will change every week. You will have one day off, but other than that you are either scheduled or have to be available to come in until a certain time of the day. Once again...seriously? How is anyone supposed to plan anything? You can’t even schedule a dentist appointment. When you request off for one day for this purpose or another, you’re told it’s “not promised”. My first week of work an employee who had been there for 1+ year told me “SugarFish has to be your life if you want to work here”. The whole environment is so negative and toxic. Would warn anyone who looks for a positive workplace that cares about their employees and anyone who has a life to stay far away.

Continue reading

Other Employee Reviews

"Excellent"

5.0
    Former Employee - Server in New York, NY

I worked at SUGARFISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

Many hours, good pay, great co-workers

Cons

Consumes entire life, non-flexible, small environment

2. "Good money"

4.0
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager

I have been working at SUGARFISH full-time

Pros

If you like to work, this is the place

Cons

Only one day off a week

Discover more reviews about SUGARFISH.