SUGARFISH - Seriously? | Glassdoor
  1. "Seriously?"

Former Employee - FOH in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at SUGARFISH full-time for less than a year

Pros

The pay is good and isn’t dependent on tips, so you know exactly what you’ll walk away with. 50% off of the sushi...that’s about it.

Cons

For starters, seriously? I understand having pride in what you do, but the pressure here is crazy for no reason. They take themselves insanely seriously and are not a friendly company. The managers and GM’s are cold, rude, and unprofessional. I’ve worked in many restaurants and during my training week alone I felt so berated I cried more than once. Also - when you start in the company you are usually hired as a “floater”,...

Advice to Management

Just because a manager or GM has been with your company for a long time doesn’t mean they are best for your company. Have a really high turnover rate? Check how your employees are being treated by their direct reports.

SUGARFISH2018-06-23

Other Employee Reviews

1. "Great Learning Experience / Taught me discipline and quality over quantity."

Former Employee - Assistant Kitchen Manager/Kitchen Lead

I worked at SUGARFISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great money / Over time guaranteed.

Cons

5 to 6 Days Double Shifts , And Triple shifts. Work is life and no life out side of work .

Advice to Management

Flexibility with employees.

SUGARFISH2019-05-11
  2. "Money, Money, Money"

I worked at SUGARFISH full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Lots of opportunity to move up Great money, better than most of the industry

Cons

You will only succeed if you make your job your life. If you are looking for balance between work and your social life, look elsewhere. Used to be a very family feeling place to work, however as the company grew larger, turned into a typical corporation. You will feel overworked and underappreciated, at every level from entry to upper management.

Advice to Management

Don't forget that your employees grew your company to the empire that it is today. Your employees are people, not machines.

SUGARFISH2019-03-28

Discover more reviews about SUGARFISH.