SW Florida Water Management District - Working at the Southwest Florida Water Management District was a great learning Experience. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SW Florida Water Management District

"Working at the Southwest Florida Water Management District was a great learning Experience."

Former Employee - Unified Communications Engineer in Brooksville, FL
Former Employee - Unified Communications Engineer in Brooksville, FL

I worked at SW Florida Water Management District full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Open exchange of information was excellent and this was encouraged by Management. Opportunities for training were good and encouraged also. Management has an open door policy which is a real open door policy you can use anytime. This includes all management in each department. If given the opportunity I would be glad to work there again!!

Cons

Issues with restructuring due to the economy. The economy seems to have stabilized and positions are stable.

Advice to Management

Great Job, keep it up!!

Other Employee Reviews for SW Florida Water Management District

"What was once a great place to work, has become a neutral employer with little room for career advancement."

I have been working at SW Florida Water Management District full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The nature of this government agency promotes exposure to a broad range of IT technology. Great hands on experience and support from management to learn new things. Education reimbursement and company paid training are wonderful incentives.

Cons

No career path for employees. No pay raises in over 5 years. Daily work can be consumed with non IT related job duties (Time tracking, time allocation, work order system, Change Management).

Advice to Management

Reduce the amount of non IT related administrative work. Define career paths and pay incentives. These things are important to your employees. Overall, Management keeps a positive attitude with promise of change.

2. "The job was a lot of just keeping track of paperwork. I am an engineer, but didn't do much engineering."

Former Intern - Student Intern in Sarasota, FL
    Former Intern - Student Intern in Sarasota, FL

I worked at SW Florida Water Management District as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The people are all very kind, and everyone is able to work together well. I liked the friendly atmosphere of the workplace.

Cons

The job can get very repetitive. I was very bored after a while because I was just sitting at a desk staring a computer screens.

Advice to Management

There's not really much advice to give, because this is a government agency and they have a specific job to complete.