SYKES - WORK from home | Glassdoor

"WORK from home"

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

you get to work from homeand that is always a good thing for me as a commuter and for the planet

Cons

the pay is kinda on the low end hard to make it as single mom. Also even though you work from home you are in a FIxed Schedule, i wish they would let employees pick the hours they want to work each day. Look at companies like WEST at Home or Live Ops or Arise they all let you work when you want as long as you meet a certain amount of hours each week/month. I feel people are more productive this way and people are always there to work it does not leave any company with a "gap" in workers

Advice to Management

Provide systems that use 1 screen not something that takes 8 screens to do something that creates more room for systems to fail. Also if you only use 1 system/application for workers to use then you are saving money by not needing so much IT staff to keep all programs up and running. The schedule system also needs to be changed i know you work 365 days but people are always willing to work at some point or another and if you provide people with true flexible open schedules, but just ask for lets say 25 or 30 hours a week then it will be done and people will be much more happy.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

1. "good, but it could be better"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in San Salvador (El Salvador)

Pros

good recognitionprograms and flexible with the university students

Cons

sometimes they don't care what you have to do ro if it was a system issue regarding vacations or soething else, besides the working tools have a lot of problems making the job very tense sometimes

Advice to Management

understand the agents, we are not robots and if we sin something just give it to us instead of making ourselves to compete against each other even when we are supposed to have the price.

"Stay Away!!!"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

Pros

Got to work from home

Cons

No opportunity for advancement, no benefits, pay was horrible, management sucked......and more!

Advice to Management

Do your job and stop leaving the employees to manage themselves because when we need you, your nowhere to be found but yet you always want to write somebody up because you don't do your job!!!