SYKES - Not for everyone | Glassdoor

"Not for everyone"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Langhorne, PA
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Langhorne, PA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Friendly staff. Reasonable hours of operation.

Cons

Not enough lunch time allocated for each representative. Unreasonable in reference to employee's needs to take off for a doctor's appt. or a sick child.

Advice to Management

Human resources department should pay more and hire responsible adults for better quality in the work force, maybe then they can treat each individual better. Offer necessary time off for Doctor visits, and at least 45 min. for lunch.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

"It was the most demanding employer I've ever worked for."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Malvern, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Most of the people that I worked for the company were really friendly. It was one of the better paying positions I've had. If you don't mind working overtime, there were plenty of opportunities for that.

Cons

They were not very accommodating when it came to needing to be off on short notice, especially when you had been sick or went to the hospital. They would terminate people for anything that forced them to be out of work. Before resigning, the company tried to make overtime mandatory for everyone, even if you didn't want to work it. The atmosphere was really unpleasant, and it was so bad that I felt like I would end up in the hospital. I also felt that the company's expectations were unreasonable, and you had to get through every call as quickly as possible and try to meet their expectations. If you want to be off on holidays, don't get your hopes up. Even on Christmas Day, there were people that had to work.

Advice to Management

I'd say listen to the people that help you stay in business. Without them, you wouldn't be employed.

"Bad Training Process"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work from home

Cons

Training is very bad. Processes are very poor. Changes protocols everday. No help in Production. You pay for all expenses. You work the hours they need you.

Advice to Management

Train upper Management better. Have actual AGENTS train agents. Computer skills should be a MUST. Reduce Class size. Fire those that can't keep up the pace.