SYKES - My experience was bad because although they talk like they will work around your school schedule they wont. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

"My experience was bad because although they talk like they will work around your school schedule they wont."

Former Employee - Customer Service Agent, Technical Support in Malvern, AR
Former Employee - Customer Service Agent, Technical Support in Malvern, AR

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The pay is alright and you never have to work overnights. You get breaks and a lunch and the job is easy.

Cons

If you go one minute over on a break you get wrote up. If you miss a day and don't make it up that same week you get another write up.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

1. "Great company with opportunities to grow!"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Milton Freewater, OR
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Milton Freewater, OR

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This is a great organization with great people and I enjoy coming to work everyday. The company offers and encourages growth, you can come in with little to no experience and really work your way up to the top.

Cons

The medical package offered by the company leaves much to be desired - the annual cap doesn't even touch on what one person would acquire in medical bills for a year.

Advice to Management

Ensure that pay is competetive in order to attract and retain the best talent.

"Disorganized Company, Weak Systems, Impersonal Experience"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL
    Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Tampa, FL

I have been working at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

ability to work at home

Cons

Ineffective training that was too short and did not prepare us for work; trainers and floor support representatives who talked condescendingly to us, too much focus on one main "resource of information" when this resource is incomplete and not tailored for the types of calls that we get; imbalance of support reps to agents; insensitivity to needs of agents; constant "mandatory/voluntary" overtime.

Advice to Management

be more sensitive to the needs of your agents, as they are the face of your company. unhappy agents will make for bad customer service. choose quality over quantity. understand that they would not ask you questions if they had not checked their resources. become more of a team with your agents.