SYKES - Stay Away, Current Customer Service Rep | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

"Stay Away, Current Customer Service Rep"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working from home, not driving in traffic.

Cons

Disorganized. Your training is rushed, and you can't get help from the team leads when needed. They would leave you and the customer stranded. They are combining customer service, sales, tech support, and other service into one department, with the same low pay. Your supervisor demands a answer when your stats are low, but can't help or answer any questions that you need regarding a customer. They used about 7 different systems to find one answer and if your computers goes down, you sometimes would not get paid for it, even when it's there fault. The calls are back to back, with no time to fix customer's accounts. This is a very stressful job, with little pay. The CEO will give you the bull crap talk when you are 1st hired about his open door, which is always closed. My training class started out with 24 now it is only 6 of us left. My best advice is to STAY AWAY....

Advice to Management

You really need to figure out how to combine the systems to make it easier for us to use. You need to train your upper manager and team leads to help when needed and stop playing the blame game, because at the end of the day you are only hurting the customer. Since you keep adding more work, then you need to add more play.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

"Worst Company I have ever worked for!!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent

I have been working at SYKES full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Just about anybody can get a job there

Cons

They treat their employees awful, the benefits leave something to be desired, after almost 3 years of working there, they have gone thru 2 MAJOR layoffs.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees with respect we are your front lines

"C.Y.A."

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I learned A LOT, for better or worse. Great experience on my resume.

Cons

So many unscrupulous things happening behind the scenes, I don't know where to start. Very few career options/paths within the company if you have aspirations to grow. Dishonesty and finger pointing run amuck. With the exception of a select few, some of the most generally disrespectful people I have ever worked with. No sense of teamwork, only 'ME ME ME'

Advice to Management

Back up your people when they are doing their job or acting on your behalf. Otherwise, it sends the message to everyone else not to take them seriously. Identify the rare employees you have that truly go above and beyond and recognize them, instead fo acting like they just performed the very basics of their job and continually using scare tactics to drive them to take on extra responsibilities, without the benefit. Be honest, and be accountable for your decisions.