SYKES - It's a job | Glassdoor

"It's a job"

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Seattle, WA

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Convenience of working from home. Not having to purchase work attire and save money on commute and lunch.

Cons

Pay is low. Minimum wage based on your state. Was laid off from what I was told would be a permanent position then was offered a web cam customer service position 1 week notice was given.

Continue reading
    SYKES2019-08-07
  1. "Sykes company"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at SYKES full-time for more than a year

Pros

It had great supervisors that helped so much when problems arise.

Cons

Some tech problems with programs.

SYKES2020-02-21

"Sykes Remote for Intuit TurboTax"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in New York, NY

I worked at SYKES full-time for less than a year

Pros

Work from home, good hours, helping with TurboTax is very fulfilling.

Cons

Zero communication from management, short and lackluster training, technical problems during training that made it impossible to gain some information. This was my first call center job, after training they put me in a high performers group to receive more complex calls about fraud and identity theft, only two weeks after that I was pulled into a virtual room and told that I was fired because I didn't reach a metric that I was not even aware of. No prior warning, or communication from management. We were even briefed by a team lead that they will pull us in coaching sessions if we need to improve, that never happened. The little metrics score that they give you shows you the color ranges and mine were all in the good range. Then I was told that I'm not fired but I am removed, but work for Sykes still? Huh. I'm not sure if this was from Intuit or Sykes, but regardles, I enjoyed helping people on TurboTax, and I am still in disbelief and kind of shocked. I was fired and had to log out and shut off my device on the spot, with no prior warning.

SYKES2020-02-19

Discover more reviews about SYKES.