SYKES - Employee choice selection | Glassdoor

"Employee choice selection"

Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Central City, FL
Current Contractor - Customer Service Representative in Central City, FL

I have been working at SYKES as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview panel was upbeat

Cons

They state there were thousand of canidate to choose from but honestly there were only 47 in our adobe connect interview room - the filter was based on who would pay within 2 hours - that narrowed it down and then other filters which were a joke took it down to 13 and out of the 13 remaining if you were able to read and write and ask a question that was it - I have a degree and major in business and they sent out the FU email - I was to qualified for this company if you want to call it a company - SCAM

Advice to Management

Must pay your way to the top

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

"Not the greatest."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenwood, SC
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Greenwood, SC

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pros?
     2nd shift?
    1 lunch breaks?
    TV in break room?
    Located in mall?

Cons

Some cellular call centers pay at least 12-14 hr...this place only pays 9.00-9.50/hr.
    Write ups for everything like not hitting all stats which a lot of time is out of your control.
    Unprofessional and loud.
    Training too short.
    High turnover rate-more than half of my training class had quit once we got on the phones by ourselves.
    Having to share desk spaces-the last thing you want is somebody being all loud sitting next to you. Would it kill y'all to get some partitions or something?

Advice to Management

Training should be more thorough. The first day we were on the phones was a hot mess. Everyone in my training class was raising our hands for help, which made us look incompetent to customers calling in. They don't prepare you enough for the phones because we would get calls regarding issues we were totally clueless to and didn't go over in class. Some "red hats" or team helpers act like they have attitudes when you ask for help. Like what the hell are they paying you for. Basically, you teach yourself how to do the job with your MyCSP which is pretty much an online manual on how to do everything. Some red hats get snippy when you ask a quick question rather than spending a ton of time searching on myCSP to find the answer. Again, having to constantly read through paragraphs to answer a customer's question takes time, and the longer it takes to answer a customer's question the more it makes you look like you don't know your job. I don't think some red hats know the answers off hand a lot of time because when you ask, their response is "what does MyCSP say?" Training class was just there for everyone to basically goof off half the time. Most were in their 20s and didn't take having a job seriously. It's probably why we were clueless when we got to the phones...too much horseplaying in class. Loud and unprofessional. I get you wanna make the call center more relaxed, but would it kill you to be a little bit more professional? Not cool having to explain the loud a** to your customer on the phone. As someone else stated, this is an ok starter job...but if you've had other jobs then you know that this place is pretty bad. You can tell the ones who are just there until they find something better from the ones who are uneducated and young who will probably end up working there for life. The high turnover rate and the inability to attract people and keep them is very telling. I don't trust any more companies with high turnover rates.

"Unorganized"

Former Employee - Retention Analyst in Lakeland, FL
    Former Employee - Retention Analyst in Lakeland, FL

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent place to work at, new Lakeland location is nice. The pay is above average and the training is okay, it should be more extensive though. They are quick about promoting the talented though.

Cons

Management is so unorganized, maybe they are being overworked. Everyone appears very emotionally fragile and on edge. Training is too short for the amount of software you will be dealing with all day, few understand it completely and those who perform well are quickly promoted to a different position, so the CSR pool is very weak.

Advice to Management

Training should be more extensive and you should practice stricter hiring based on intelligence, so many people in the training classes come off as very uneducated and ignorant.