SYKES - Used to be Alpine Access | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

"Used to be Alpine Access"

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Denver, CO

I have been working at SYKES part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You get to/have to work from home. Technology is provided for you. You can work part time

Cons

You have to provide your own internet and landline. Bilinguals get preferential treatment I.e. They get to sit on a line where no calls come in and still get paid.

Advice to Management

It's hard to give advice to such unstable management. I have no idea who works in the office and I don't trust them.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

"Large company that cares nothing for the employees of the businesses they buy up."

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They will hire anyone (literally anyone)

Cons

The turn over rate is horrible since they will hire anyone. Sykes streamlines the management staff so your workload is almost unbearable. There is this push from somewhere up in higher management than makes everyone do more work in less time. They will offer you below the average to do your job or threaten to send your job overseas, and then cut your job anyway.

Advice to Management

Let some Americans have some jobs. If you didn't overwork your staff to save a dollar you might actually see sucess here. Care about the people who work for you, not just the bottom line.

"Take responsibility for your software malfunctions"

Current Employee - Account Management Specialist
    Current Employee - Account Management Specialist

I have been working at SYKES full-time

Pros

Work from home. I really enjoy my job when i can actually do it and dont have to deal with rude managers and people who could care less and only want to blame you for their issues.

Cons

Management does not listen when you try to talk to them. They are rude and cant answer questions,

Technical issues and lots of them. Then they blame you for technical issues with their software. When you ask for help it's either your fault or they cant help.

Advice to Management

Take responsibility for the software issues and stop blaming it on employees.