SYKES - Shady Company- stay away | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

"Shady Company- stay away"

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only PRO with this company is working from home.

Cons

During the interview you are told of the multiple incentives and bonuses which you will never receive or no one you ask will know about again, You WILL spend time off the clock working without pay. They will not tell you about this until the end of your training when you start into production. If your computer (that they provide) or software (their software) messes up (and it will), you will not be paid for the time it takes you to restart and reload all of the software. They will tell you you will get paid, but they will find a way to not have to pay you. Expect this to happen several times a shift. I was scheduled for 40 hours a week, and only get 33-35 on my check per week. Not to mention I was early EVERY day to ensure I had all programs and software loaded (all unpaid) I NEVER received the attendance bonus even though I never missed one single day. I never received the other incentives for my metrics either. Had I known what I learned the hard way I would've never joined this company. Save your 45$ and find a legitimate company that is willing to pay you for what you do. It only pays from 8-10$ hr as it is, to have several hours of that taken that was hard earned money every week was just too much to accept.

Advice to Management

Start being honest with your employees. Start accepting responsibility for your job and take care of tech issues and ensure your workers are getting paid properly.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

1. "Customer service"

Pros

its a job that is easy to get

Cons

bad pay is really poor

"Large company that cares nothing for the employees of the businesses they buy up."

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

They will hire anyone (literally anyone)

Cons

The turn over rate is horrible since they will hire anyone. Sykes streamlines the management staff so your workload is almost unbearable. There is this push from somewhere up in higher management than makes everyone do more work in less time. They will offer you below the average to do your job or threaten to send your job overseas, and then cut your job anyway.

Advice to Management

Let some Americans have some jobs. If you didn't overwork your staff to save a dollar you might actually see sucess here. Care about the people who work for you, not just the bottom line.