SYKES - Worst job I've ever had | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SYKES

"Worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative
Former Employee - Customer Support Representative

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had such a high turnover rate they would hire anyone.

Cons

The customers were either angry or crazy, local management was useless, and corporate management seemed to be actively hostile toward their employees. Constant mandatory overtime to make up for the fact that they couldn't keep employees more than a month past the training. Taking away all of the tools that would allow us to quickly and effectively do our job.

Advice to Management

Put your employees just a little higher on the scale of important things.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

"Shady Company- stay away"

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only PRO with this company is working from home.

Cons

During the interview you are told of the multiple incentives and bonuses which you will never receive or no one you ask will know about again, You WILL spend time off the clock working without pay. They will not tell you about this until the end of your training when you start into production. If your computer (that they provide) or software (their software) messes up (and it will), you will not be paid for the time it takes you to restart and reload all of the software. They will tell you you will get paid, but they will find a way to not have to pay you. Expect this to happen several times a shift. I was scheduled for 40 hours a week, and only get 33-35 on my check per week. Not to mention I was early EVERY day to ensure I had all programs and software loaded (all unpaid) I NEVER received the attendance bonus even though I never missed one single day. I never received the other incentives for my metrics either. Had I known what I learned the hard way I would've never joined this company. Save your 45$ and find a legitimate company that is willing to pay you for what you do. It only pays from 8-10$ hr as it is, to have several hours of that taken that was hard earned money every week was just too much to accept.

Advice to Management

Start being honest with your employees. Start accepting responsibility for your job and take care of tech issues and ensure your workers are getting paid properly.

"horrible"

Former Employee - CCP in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - CCP in Denver, CO

I worked at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

working at home and being with my children, assisting my father who is ill saved on gas prices

Cons

my cable /internet provider was expeiriening tech issues causing my internet to malfunction after reaching out to my supervisor i was informed that i was being terminated

Advice to Management

help your rep instead of firing them