SYKES - Stressful... | Glassdoor

"Stressful..."

Pros

You have some great co-workers and make some awesome friends! Free SiriusXM radio subscription in you car and internet is cool.

Cons

I worked in lakeland 1, in the SiriusXM department... The management was horrible, she had already drove 3 other contracts into the ground, doesn't care about employees or customers, just money. Stressful sales calls, you call the same customers over and over again until they subscribe or DNC, you get written up for not making enough sales (even if most your calls were voicemails or reschedules), forgetting to say recording statement, or other stupid stuff... They tell you in training it's easy to make sales and get commission, but they LIE! You only get the extra cash if you make every sale perfect and without flaw. Not worth it.

Advice to Management

Care about your employees and your customers just as much, if not more than you bank accounts, their the ones that make money the money possible.

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

"Sucks"

Pros

A paycheck every 2 weeks. Good job to hold you over until the next better one comes along

Cons

The pay is not competitive .. Promotions are biased and improperly trained... Somehow they don't pay for all your days and management doesn't seem to know how or why but then takes their precious time to get your money. I didn't get my 6 month raise due to them starting off at wrong hourly rate ..

Advice to Management

Get it together properly train people.. Better competitive pay and definite raises.

"Worst job I've ever had"

Former Employee - Customer Support Representative
    Former Employee - Customer Support Representative

I worked at SYKES full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They had such a high turnover rate they would hire anyone.

Cons

The customers were either angry or crazy, local management was useless, and corporate management seemed to be actively hostile toward their employees. Constant mandatory overtime to make up for the fact that they couldn't keep employees more than a month past the training. Taking away all of the tools that would allow us to quickly and effectively do our job.

Advice to Management

Put your employees just a little higher on the scale of important things.