SYKES - Ghetto | Glassdoor

"Ghetto"

Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC
Current Employee - Member Service Representative in Fayetteville, NC

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

no pros what so ever for working at this company ,this is the worst job I've worked,the pay is bad ,the management is worst

Cons

No proper training,no structure,put it like this my very 1st day of training the person from HR came to talk to the class and while she was talking she was painting her fingernails,she also told us that she was in a fight during her time in training and still got promoted ..wow

Advice to Management

interview people who have management experience

Other Employee Reviews for SYKES

"OMG STEER CLEAR!"

Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Allentown, PA
    Current Employee - Customer Service Agent in Allentown, PA

I have been working at SYKES full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nothing, absolutely nothing, nada, zilch, zero, oh wait...I do enjoy my fellow trainees, the trainers...and that's it!

Cons

On your initial interview, you will be told different things that are later wrong. There are no new hire packets distributed so everyone gets different info depending on whom you speak to.

They basically hire anyone with a pulse. Start you at slave wages and no raises. You can't hey straight answers on benefits, dress code, etc.

No using your computer to even look at your paycheck stub to print out; you must use the one and only "kiosk" in the break room.

No entrance to see anyone in HR or the site secretary. Oh and if you have questions about HR related issues, good luck. Pour site was told HR comes to the office on a non scheduled basis.

I was told benefits world begin after 30 days, they don't for 60 days. The health insurance offered had no out of pocket maximum so you just keep paying till you die. The plan is SO bad that it doesn't even qualify under the Affordable Care Act!

Unless you enjoy being lied to and making $9.50 an hour, don't even apply.

Hours at this site vary from 11am to 11pm est, and right now are M-F however, because we do Medicare, during October through February, you will be working weekends too!

It's just a Mickey Mouse operation, oh wait, Disney isn't lame!

Advice to Management

Get a freaking clue!

"Fired for no reason"

Former Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX
    Former Employee - At Home Customer Service Representative in Houston, TX

I worked at SYKES part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

what? paid training, I guess.

Cons

poor training
    I was let go for no reason. Then they had the temerity to try to deny my unemployment claim. When I asked why I was let go, I was told deliberate lies. I guess they felt that they needed an excuse in case I filed suit for wrongful termination. I will spare you the choice words I have in my heart for such as these.

Advice to Management

hire better trainers