SYSCO Intermountain Food Services - Great Benefits however you will only advance if you know the right people prior to starting | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for SYSCO Intermountain Food Services

"Great Benefits however you will only advance if you know the right people prior to starting"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate
Former Employee - Marketing Associate

Pros

Great benefits for my family and great flexibility when you are a sales associate.

Cons

Too much nepotism involved. Many in the company are related in some way to the C.E.O. and he influences who advances and who stays and who goes. His family has great job security afforded to them no matter what they do. I respect how he got to his position, but those in his family he protects and creates new positions for when they fail at a current position are definitely irritating.

Advice to Management

Look to and support your actual talent and recognize when others must be let go, regardless of their ties or how they got their job.

Other Employee Reviews for SYSCO Intermountain Food Services

1. "Marketing Associate"

Former Employee - Marketing Associate in West Jordan, UT
    Former Employee - Marketing Associate in West Jordan, UT

Pros

They have good health and other benefits. You form great relationships with co-workers and customers. I learned a lot of new things about the food industry.

Cons

You're always working. There is no work/life balance. I don't recommend this job if you have kids. You do a lot of driving in your own car, and they don't cover any transportation costs.

2. "The job is different than my graduating class were told it would be."

Current Employee - Marketing Associate in West Jordan, UT
    Current Employee - Marketing Associate in West Jordan, UT

I have been working at SYSCO Intermountain Food Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great health benefits and some great people to work with. I've learned a lot.

Cons

No work life balance. This is a 24/7 job. Quite a few cutthroat sales people. It's very stressful and tough business to be in. They are going through a lot of transitions right now.