Sabre - Great front line people, weak management | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sabre

"Great front line people, weak management"

Former Employee - Business Develop Manager in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Business Develop Manager in Dallas, TX

Pros

Sabre attracts the best and the brightest. The team effort to make this company a World Leader is incredible. There is a sense of pride in the product offered. Generally the field employees are knowledgable and industry savvy. A real focus on customer satisfaction and partnership. Teams works together in a very supportive manner, for the most part.

Cons

Unfortunaltey, management does not respect this team effort and often eliminates those most active in developing and promoting.

Advice to Management

You have serious cometition in the marketplace. Don't let them have your people as well as your products.

Other Employee Reviews for Sabre

"The good and bad of working for Sabre."

Former Employee - New Business Development in Southlake, TX
    Former Employee - New Business Development in Southlake, TX

Pros

Working at Sabre I had good benefits and a good salary. My managers always provided me with excellent feedback, although I thought the review process was a little tedious at times. I have had many different positions within the organization and promotions along the way.

Cons

Downsides are the same as with many companies. Lack of communication, so many changes with in short periods of time and alot of outsourcing.

Advice to Management

I realize that Sabre is a Global company, however with that in mind, please do sacrifice experience and industry knowledge for untrained workers in foreign countries.

2. "Love this company - but leadership capability (just below senior mgmt) is sorely lacking."

Current Employee - Product Marketing Senior in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Product Marketing Senior in Dallas, TX

Pros

Quality of life based on aggressive work from home program, incredible benefits (vacation & 401K), great facilities, better-than-average pay, fun industry.

Cons

Technology company that too far behind the times/too slow to react to fall into the tech category. Reactive versus proactive from a product and people perspective. Give too great of salaries & benefits without requiring equivalent results from employees - no sense of urgency in a dynamic & quickly changing industry. Everyone is way too comfortable with no motivation for change or aggressive innovation. Very satisfied with top-tier execs; however, too much focus by those just below top-tier execs in their personal career growth without much consideration or coaching for those below. VPs/Directors too concerned with when & how they can claw their way up the ladder that they tend to never groom those below them to replace them once that occurs. Also, very few young employees which also hinders rapid technological advancement versus competitors.

Advice to Management

Depends upon who falls into that category - C-level execs I would say I am satisfied with for the most part, assuming they are encouraging those below to train & foster the development of their direct reports and encouraging those reports to do the same for their employees. I would also say we should never assume we are as advanced and innovative as we like to pat ourselves on the back for being. We aren't. We are actually extremely slow & reactive and as long as the market has no choice but to use us, no one will care & it won't impact profits... but the day will come when that isn't the case and we will wish we had done more. We should take a closer look to ensure we are doing more today versus regretting tomorrow.