Sabre - A great place to work | Glassdoor

"A great place to work"

Current Employee - Software Developer Contributor in Kraków (Poland)
Current Employee - Software Developer Contributor in Kraków (Poland)

I have been working at Sabre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people are wonderful, the culture is very nice, every employee gets a wide range of benefits

Cons

It is difficult to get promotion even if you are a doing 200% of what your colleagues do. The pay could also be better.

Advice to Management

People are working very hard for the company success, you should give them more recongnition

Other Employee Reviews for Sabre

"I've been a QA engineer for almost 2 years at Sabre."

Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Kraków (Poland)
    Current Employee - Quality Assurance Engineer in Kraków (Poland)

I have been working at Sabre full-time (More than a year)

Pros

At the very top is the benefits package, especially the healthcare. Sabre pays for a VIP package at a private medical center for every employee who must only cover the tax. I've been to a number of specialized medical examinations and I never had to pay a penny.

Sabre is an immensely family-friendly company with events and bonuses for parents and their children. The working hours are very flexible.

The technologies that dominate at Sabre are fairly modern. Most of them are around Java and C++ but I know people who quit after being forced to work e.g. with ancient COBOL.

Cons

Career path for QA engineers is quite limited. After reaching a senior level most of them become development supervisors leaving their QA expertise behind.

I've heard from other teams that working overtime, working during weekends and PTO cancellation is a common practice, which is clearly the result of poor management. Fortunately I haven't experienced anything like that in my previous projects.

There is not enough space on the car park and the office itself (Krakow R&D office). Many employees are forced to share their seats with other folks, possibly seating at different places every day. Not to mention the time wasted for looking for an unoccupied desk and setting up the equipment every morning.

Other than that it is a typical US corporation with fairly bureaucratic procedures and corporate overhead such as countless all-hands meetings.

Advice to Management

Reduce corporate bureaucracy to really allow for innovative ideas to emerge.

2. "Understaffed, overworked, too much politics"

I have been working at Sabre full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Fairly good benefits. Flex work-from-home policy.
    Interesting and dynamic work

Cons

Very political. At the VP level lots of micromanagers who are very political. It's who you know and who you have not pissed off that gets you ahead.
    At HQ site, too many people, not enough desks. Only about 40% have assigned desks, rest are "flex space" i.e. first come, first served. And don't leave anything personal, even a company calendar, as the cleaning staff will wipe it away.

Advice to Management

Realize your people are your asset and start listening to the employee surveys.
    IF there is a lot of turnover in particular VP's organization, there is probably a reason. People don't want to be there.