Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services - Human Services Specialist | Glassdoor
  1. "Human Services Specialist"

Current Employee - Human Services Specialist in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

This employer gives everyone who works there reasonable opportunity to grow and evolve.

Cons

My biggest issue is when it comes to raises, it seems that negotiations usually favor management and the county and not always the employees.

Advice to Management

I would say to listen to employees as individuals and really look at what we do.

Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services2018-07-25

Other Employee Reviews

"Very good to work for"

Current Employee - Home Health Care Provider in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Clients are very sweet and it is good to make them feel like someone does care. The elderly love the idea that they get to stay in there own home and get the help they need.

Cons

nothing really to say. Im satisfied. I love my job and wish I was able to make everyone happy and able to stay in there own home as long as they are able to but there is only one of me.

Advice to Management

More hours and maybe some vacation time. And big raises, but everyone wants that. So I am a happy employee.

Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services2014-10-05
  2. "Flexible"

Current Employee - Home Health Care Provider in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services part-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexible hours, awesome fellow providers and clients. Ability to work with co-employers 1-on-1.

Cons

Payroll system is slow, and often when they have problem with my time card I was only notified upon calling to inquire why my check hasn't arrived. They are in need of major update to their payroll system. As well as notifying union members on changes in union and added deductions that I never was made aware of as well as presently continuing to be deducted from current checks 2x monthly. AND unable to cancel union... membership because locating membership contract seems to be a huge issue ( been trying to cancel for over 5months now) with no resolution.

Advice to Management

Major updates much needed for union 2015 seui. But direct management is great!

Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services2015-12-18

Discover more reviews about Sacramento County Department of Health & Human Services.