Safety Services - Better than I anticipated | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Safety Services

"Better than I anticipated"

Current Employee - Sales Manager Offsite Location in Buckeye, AZ
Current Employee - Sales Manager Offsite Location in Buckeye, AZ

I have been working at Safety Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The interview process was very honest and straight forward. The staff is VERY kind, professional and honest, ESPECIALLY the upper management. I truly believe they WANT you to succeed, it is best for employee as well as employer. The salaries are very modest, but in todays world, I think we should all be grateful there are still enthusiastic employers out there. And these truly are.

Cons

Work hours!!! 6 A.M. EARLY, but worth it in my opinion.

Advice to Management

Great job, keep it up. They endeavor to be thoughtful of their employees while doing the best they can to improve the bottom line. This company does NOT see a conflict in that. Neither do I.

Other Employee Reviews for Safety Services

"Misrepresented"

Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Development Associate in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A growing company in need of qualified people

Cons

Strigent training regime with minimal pay for the first ninety days...

Answered an ad for a Business Development Associate - Oil, Gas and Energy Division from Craigslist.

This position as posted on Craigslist detailed the compensation as: a base salary, health insurance, paid leave and commission.

The interview process was quick and because Safety Services (aka: "Safety Sam") is in a growth phase I was given an offer letter the same day of the interview.

The offer letter stated a 90 day probation period with an hourly rate significantly below the stated/advertised salary. After the 90 day period (providing you met their strigent guidelines which appears to differ with each employee) you then become salaried.

The first day of work is where you as a new hire learn of additional dis-incentives.
    -Health benefits promissed do not start until 180 days (the first 90 days is your trial period which do not count towards the start of health benefits, only after the next 90 days do the health benefits go into effect).
    -The workdays starts at 6:00AM Sharp (stressed repeatedly) with a long sleve shirt and tie for men and no sleveless dresses for women, mandatory always.
    -There are no casual Fridays.

The overall impression is that you will be burned out (used for the first 90 days) in the hope of achieving the advertised position.

Advice to Management

Abide to your stated salary and benefits as originally advertised; not contigent to a non-disclosed ninety day probationary period.

"Decent company with a good vision."

Former Employee - Manual Department Supervisor/Technical Writer in Tempe, AZ
    Former Employee - Manual Department Supervisor/Technical Writer in Tempe, AZ

I worked at Safety Services full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Comprehensive training for all positions and areas of business for the company. Able to turn someone who had never previously heard of OSHA into a safety professional within six months. Large catalog of products and product knowledge materials. Upper management has an open door policy and is receptive to ideas to make the overall work experience better.

Cons

Employees could be shown value more often. Sales employees are generously compensated and given incentives for sales, support and production staff found to be lacking in corporate value.

Advice to Management

Strengthen the bridge between sales and support staff. Other than that, on the right track.