Safeway Canada - Its a great job | Glassdoor
  1. "Its a great job"

in Winnipeg, MB

I have been working at Safeway Canada

Pros

I don't understand why people hate Safeway, the location that I work at seems to be perfect. Application was processed quickly, I had an interview within a week. I didn't get the job, but about a month later the manager called me and she hooked me up with the bakery manager, I got an interview and I got the job on the spot. I had very little hours, but after two weeks later I was cross-training for the produce department. Now on average I get about 20 - 30 hours a week. (Sometimes a little less). This week I will be cross-training again to be a cashier. The pay is not that bad. You get +0.25c above minimum wage. So I get $10.95 p/hr just to put stuff out, and package stuff. Not that bad. You will also get a 0.65c premium if you work after 7 or 8 I believe, and +$1.00 on Sundays, and there are bunch of other premiums. So the pay is not that bad for an easy job.

Cons

The only downside is sometimes when I get little hours I can't get a lot of the work done within 4 hours. Work/life balance is meh, but honestly I don't care when I didn't have a job I sat home all day playing video games, so pretty much now I have better things to do. To my knowledge there is no benefits at all. Other than dental but you need to work over 250 hours (prohibition period) just to have it.

Safeway Canada2015-08-23
  1. "cashier"

I worked at Safeway Canada for less than a year

Pros

Safeway is an awesome place to work

Cons

I do not have any cons to submit

Safeway Canada2018-10-06
  2. "Merger Phase with Albertsons"

Former Contractor - IT Project Manager in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Safeway Canada for more than a year

Pros

Some good people to work with and dedicated to complete the mission

Cons

New management from Albertsons changing Safeway's culture and environment...alot of good Safeway leaders have left and still dropping. Albertsons mentality is crude and blue collar...need to get them up to speed in California!

Advice to Management

Albertsons needs to learn how Safeway culture is what made them successful.

Safeway Canada2017-10-16

Discover more reviews about Safeway Canada.