Safeway - if you work hard and consistant then you get hours, if you want to slack go work at dunkin donuts | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

"if you work hard and consistant then you get hours, if you want to slack go work at dunkin donuts"

Current Employee - Journeyman Baker in Puyallup, WA
Current Employee - Journeyman Baker in Puyallup, WA

I have been working at Safeway full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

since you stay busy an 8 hour shift goes by fast. your treated like family.most positions pay well.

Cons

dont go to work tired as it is labor in the department you will fall behind,guaranteed.people at safeway are a bit more proud because of the name of where they work , high end store ,so there is the atmosphere of up-ity-ness but then their right were safeway not walmart but i know alot of people are just not comfortable with that mind set.

Advice to Management

be a bit more personable with your employees displaying a level of knowledge about daily life of your workers and what we really do to get the job done boosts morale .morale is a deal maker or breaker.validated employees are happy employees and happy employees produce consistant ,high quality work that safeway and its customers have come to expect..

Other Employee Reviews for Safeway

"Stable Job-Highly Demanding"

Current Employee - First Assistant Manager in Sacramento, CA
    Current Employee - First Assistant Manager in Sacramento, CA

I have been working at Safeway full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Everybody needs to eat so there is good job stability. Salary and Benefit package is competitive.

Cons

Minimum 10 hour days. Could be 15 or more hours depending on what happens in the day. Weekends, holidays, evenings are all on the table. Leads to not spending a whole lot of time with your family.

Advice to Management

The company is top-heavy. Trim some of the fat and focus on the stores and the customer experience. Many times we spend more time playing our own internal "games" than we do on helping the customers.

2. "stocker, night stocker"

Former Employee - Night Stocker in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Night Stocker in Seattle, WA

I worked at Safeway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

decent pay, decent benifits, time off

Cons

bad hours, limited growth, culture