Safeway - Having a GREAT time working for Safeway!!!! | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Safeway

"Having a GREAT time working for Safeway!!!!"

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Payson, AZ
Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Payson, AZ

I have been working at Safeway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Awesome health insurance, the fairest bosses I've ever had, as many as hours as I could ever ask for, super friendly, fun co-workers, fun talking to tourists and locals all day, hour-long breaks, plus other 20 minute breaks, very casual in the deli, and FINALLY appreciated for my hard work, great customer service and they love that I'm willing to work whenever and am on time. I've been so depressed over the past few years at my previus jobs, and I'm finally freakin' HAPPY!!

Cons

In the deli, where I work, people come and go so much, we are constantly training new people, so it slows things down sometimes. And that's about it!

Advice to Management

Hmmm, I'd wish they kept us in the loop about price changes in the deli a little more, I walk in and have to really just figure it out, the prices are posted wrong, and customers complain sometimes. But that is such a small thing to complain about after having worked for some HORRIBLE companies in the past!!

Other Employee Reviews for Safeway

1. "Good place to start"

Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Tualatin, OR
    Current Employee - Bakery Clerk in Tualatin, OR

I have been working at Safeway full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Company will generally help you get 40 hours working multiple departments, Very good job security, easy transfers, easy raises

Cons

Can be hard dealing with corporate always changing things up

Advice to Management

Listen to your quality workers, too many things have been changed.

2. "Should have expected it"

Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Newport Beach, CA
    Current Employee - Meat Clerk in Newport Beach, CA

I have been working at Safeway part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun people to work with

Cons

They've lowered my hours ( all of the meat clerks) to about 28 or 30, when we were used to mostly consistant 40 hours, making it increasingly difficult to actually be able to pay rent, bills and food. They did not take into account my 3+ years of experience when I was hired, so I'm making a whopping $8.20.

Advice to Management

Realize the employees have their own lives and that we actually need to be able to survive on what we earn from this job which takes up most of our time. It's very difficult and it not okay. Low pay + inconsistant shifts is not okay.