Safeway - Hm | Glassdoor
  1. "Hm"

Current Employee - Barista - Starbucks

I have been working at Safeway part-time

Pros

Good benefits sick pay PTO etc.

Cons

Poor Management, uncomfortable working environment

Safeway2019-10-18
  1. "Salary increases"

Current Employee - Cashiering in Waldorf, MD

I have been working at Safeway part-time for more than a year

Pros

Very friendly staff to work with

Cons

Rude customers and uncontrollable kids

Safeway2019-11-05
  2. "Deli Clerk is challenging and hard work but it is rewarding to those who can handle the load. GREAT team environment."

Current Employee - Deli Clerk in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Safeway part-time for less than a year

Pros

Team work, fair and friendly managers. Managers work with us and work hard too! Excellent benefits: 401k on day one. superb health care for both part time employees after one year and all full time employees. Union pension after 5 consecutive years too. Pay is guaranteed under union contract so if you prove your prior experience applies to your new position you will be paid accordingly. This can be very significant. For those who thrive in challenging, labor- intensive, customer service environments, this is rewarding and time flies.

Cons

Deli Clerk is a very high labor job. You must be able to perform the required duties in your allotted time. On busy days this can be very challenging. This includes lifting, cooking, assembling, slicing, preparing, hours standing on feet, and lots of deep cleaning. It is not for the faint-hearted but for the right person very rewarding nonetheless.

Advice to Management

Always meet, greet, say goodbye to get to know your employees. Sometimes (only sometimes) management seems a little aloof. Smiles go a long way to make our team stronger, happier, and more efficient.

Safeway2020-01-14

Discover more reviews about Safeway.