Safeway - Good job | Glassdoor

"Good job"

Current Employee - Pharmacist in Phoenix, AZ
Current Employee - Pharmacist in Phoenix, AZ

Pros

Slow and laid back atmosphere. I really enjoy having the extra time to provide service to the patients. They also pay very well and provide a great retirement package. The retirement is a noncontributory pension funded at 7-10% of salary. I worked at Walgreens before this and the difference in job satisfaction is like night and day. Unlike Walgreens, Safeway does not have drive through service. Safeway also provides tuition reimbursement based on the number of years of service. Additionally, thry are very focused on providing other services such as immunizations. Overall, I definitely recommend grocery store pharmacy versus the chains.

Cons

They keep it too cold.

Advice to Management

learn to communicate to your employees better

Other Employee Reviews for Safeway

"Safeway...Where everybody knows your name"

Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Produce Clerk in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

They are very fair with their employees. I had been working at Safeway now for 2 years. The management has always been helpful in helping me reach my potential. I started out as courtesy clerk at a local competitor. I had been at that location for approx. 5 years. When I returned from college for the summer cutbacks were taking place and I the store did not have a place for me. I then went to Safeway in the hopes I could receive a job. They did. I am so thankful for them giving me the opportunity that they have given me. The pay is great and the management is even better

Cons

It is a grocery store...I really do not like the undercover shoppers that come in and critique us

Advice to Management

Continue doing what you are doing

"A Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Store Manager in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Store Manager in Washington, DC

Pros

Safeway has always done well with the benefits offered to the employees. Continuing to do so has been a benefit to all. What Steve Burd is doing with our health care benefits is fantastic. He is offering those that lead a healthy lifestyle a lower insurance premium. It's an innovative notion. The work life balance is good with Safeway. Upper management (at least those I've worked for) are very good about allowing that balance.

Cons

Occassionally long hours and the negative attitudes of some management personnel.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing. Just keep in mind that we are all people and need to operate the business.