Sage Hospitality - Stay Away | Glassdoor

"Stay Away"

Current Employee - Housekeeper/Front Desk in Denver, CO
Current Employee - Housekeeper/Front Desk in Denver, CO

I have been working at Sage Hospitality full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

There is not a single pro to this company.

Cons

Everything is not a strong enough word. No one is treated with any respect. Personal lives become impossible. I LITERALLY was told I cannot participate in selling contests anymore because I win too much and "ruin the fun of the contest"

Advice to Management

Lead by example rather than being so snotty.
Don't lie to employees when they start working there.
Put people in "the right seats on the bus" by getting to know them rather than a first impression in an interview and then never taking to them again. Management should be PRESENT

Other Employee Reviews for Sage Hospitality

"Doesn't live up to their reputation."

Former Employee - Night Audit in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Night Audit in Denver, CO

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Policy prevents them from firing an employee without having 3 write-ups first.

Cons

If you get sick or can't work fulltime, they'll politely ask you to put in your two weeks to get the time off you need to heal and then you can re-apply, instead of just giving you the time off you need.

Advice to Management

Care for your employees and listen to what they have to say. Train all front desk agents in Night Audit.

"Wage withheld because they started working me before they officially had me in the system that I had been hired."

Former Employee - Housekeeper in Gahanna, OH
    Former Employee - Housekeeper in Gahanna, OH

I worked at Sage Hospitality full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There were no perks for this job. I thought there were at first, but only because they lied to me about the job.

Cons

They hired me without really even considering me, then they started working me the same day, before they had done a background check, and they hadn't even had me fill out all the information I needed to fill out, Technically I was not officially hired until 2 weeks after they "hired" me. It's been 5 days past payday, and I still don't have my check, they keep telling me it will be here the next day...

Advice to Management

You seriously need new management in this location!!! The Assistant Manager is VERY VERY unprofessional, and the General Manager is never around. I would strongly advise against working here. And several people have told me they can't keep people working there... It's not wonder they can't keep people if they're treating everyone the same way they have treated me.