Sage Products - Change can be hard for many but it is still an amazing company | Glassdoor

"Change can be hard for many but it is still an amazing company"

Current Employee - Manager in Cary, IL

I have been working at Sage Products full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot of changes in leadership but all for the better. Many long time Sage leaders who have been with the company want to retire and enjoy their lives. Some don’t want to be part of a larger public company and that’s ok. Not for everyone. The opportunity for advancement now is incredible. We are seeing people move into new roles, promoted in to leadership and have expanded responsibility that would never have... happened without Stryker. Has Sage changed? Yes. Are we still an amazing company where we care about the people, the products, and quality? Absolutely! Stryker is the 16th Best Company to work for. We are so lucky to be part of this organization.

Cons

Change is hard. For long time Sage employees I’m sure it looks different and feels different. There are many new faces and many long time leaders have left. But the people that have come in care about our people. They want sage to be successful. We will continue to make changes. Everyone needs to understand we are part of a 16B public company. It is no longer a small private company.

Advice to Management

Continue to keep it personal. Continue to be transparent. Continue to have town halls and keep us informed. Act on Q12 advice. Hold leaders accountable.

Sage Products2018-04-28

Other Employee Reviews

1. "An absolutely great place to work!"

Former Intern - Quality Control Microbiology Lab Assistant

I worked at Sage Products for less than a year

Pros

Being an intern, you don't always know what to expect, but all the employees were kind and helpful and there is a great working environment! Honestly, coming into work every day was exciting as everyone had a great attitude. The lab culture is very tight-knit, but they are so very accepting to newcomers.

Cons

If anything, I was sad that they were unable to directly hire me onto the force, but that is because the lab jobs are not always available.

Sage Products2019-03-27
  2. "Trained Well by a Family-Run Business"

Former Intern - Clinical Affairs in Cary, IL

I worked at Sage Products for less than a year

Pros

-Leaders of departments work with employees to help them succeed -Internship program was implemented well for students in college -Hours were fair and work was informative; great stepping stone for future workers

Cons

-Unsure of what the culture at Sage Products is like now that Stryker purchased the company

Advice to Management

-While not family run anymore, please keep the same values and morals that were in place. As a family friend of the Foglia's I know Vince cared about his employees and the best patient experience above all else.

Sage Products2019-03-20

Discover more reviews about Sage Products.