Cover image for Sage

Add a Review

Employee Review

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, less than 1 year

A truley great place to work!

May 12, 2020 - Anonymous Employee in Newcastle upon Tyne, England
    Business Outlook

Pros

I joined Sage about 6 months ago, and have been blown away by the focus on being setup to do the right thing whilst delivering world class leading products, the drive for colleagues to succeed and develop, and the feeling of community through the Sage Foundation. Sage has been nothing short of top class during the Covid-19 crisis, and provided employees with regular, clear and consistent messages, the tools and technologies to perform duties from home and the space & support for people to manage home and work commitments. I genuinely believe that I have joined one of the best businesses in the UK if not the world!

Cons

No cons - joining Sage has been the best decision I have made in my career!

7 people found this review helpful

Global Talent Brand Manager

Welcome to Sage, and thank you for taking the time to write a review and share your experiences so far. I am so happy to hear that you are feeling supported and that our focus and direction as a business are clear. And I agree with you....Sage is one of the best businesses in the world!

1. 5.0
    Former Employee

Sage Intacct Review

Jan 22, 2023 - Sales Representative
    Business Outlook

Pros

Great work-life balance. Amazing work environment.

Cons

No cons at all with Sage.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Global Employer Brand Specialist

We are glad that during your time with us, you were pleased with our work environment and had a good work/life balance. We have taken notice of your advice and we thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We hope that as you open new chapters in your career book, 2023 shall bring you more prosperity than 2022 did!

2. 2.0
    Current Employee, more than 1 year

You are a number and robot before a human!

Jan 30, 2023 - Sales Development Representative (SDR)
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Teammates: whole SDR team is amazing, everyone is very helpful and does not keep their cards to themselves, we have a good time in the office - PTO: generous PTO, managers are very flexible with vacation time, mental health days, emergency situations, advise you to take advantage of PTO - Direct Management: SDR managers have been great so far, maintain clear lines of communication with them and they will help you be successful. Their compensation is directly tied to yours, so they are always in your corner. - Work/Life Balance: You are expected to work 8 hours a day, no more, no less. Your work/life balance is what you make it. Work to live, not live to work. - Office Perks: 8 free meals per month, donuts/bagels on Tuesdays, fun events for certain holidays, plenty of volunteer opportunities, private parking garage (free)

Cons

- Upper Management: They say they care about the reps, but don't fall for it. If they did, they would not have gotten rid of our power dialer (when they push constant dials). If they cared, they would not have changed the comp plan to punish those not hitting quota. Only ~20% of the team hits quota. We are in sales, everyone is trying to make the most money. If they cared, they would have offered significant quota relief during the brutal holiday months, amid an insane tech stack change. If they cared, they would not have downgraded our software and instead would have made our workflows more efficient. If they cared, they would not threaten corrective action for violating one of their many rule changes that have not been communicated properly to the team. If they cared, they would put actions in front of their words. If they cared, they would understand that sales is a roller coaster. No sales team will maintain the same level of production all the time. If they cared, they would protect the mental health of their team. If they cared, they would treat those directly tied to the company's revenue much better. Remember, you are expendable. They would much rather just hire a new rep and have them go through weeks of training than to cater to the needs of tenured, high-performing reps, who consistently bring in opportunities for the company. Good luck making it to the AE level internally. If you're good with politics, you'll get there.

3 people found this review helpful

Sage Response

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We’re sorry that you’re not having a very positive life at Sage experience. Your review has been shared with the senior leadership team in the US. If you wish to raise your points internally, please use the Always Listening link on Your Sage. We are keen to better understand any areas of concern, to ensure our colleagues enjoy working here.

Discover more reviews about Sage.

Sage Careers

Cover image for Sage

Our evolved values symbolize our resolution to maintain an environment where colleagues can thrive, and our connections with our customers...More

• Flexible Human Work