Sage - I was not treated fine. I felt as if I had worked hard and did overtime. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Sage

"I was not treated fine. I felt as if I had worked hard and did overtime."

Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA
Former Employee - Sales in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Good policy for time off and benefits. Not much work. Never need to open up computer after 5. Many people have time to go for lunch and do some surfing too.

Cons

.incompetence abounds - it looks bad when your superiors are not achievers and never have been and were hired because they knew someone. As soon as a new manager comes he cleans house because policy is to have your friends around you. I was still not seen as an insider. That is really what it takes: to be an an insider.

Advice to Management

Make your bar hopping full time! Pursue poetry or creative writing.

Other Employee Reviews for Sage

"Sage has great people at Leadership Levels but no Leader who helps them succeed."

Current Employee - Vice President & General Manager in Irvine, CA
    Current Employee - Vice President & General Manager in Irvine, CA

Pros

The people that I have worked with for many years are some of the most talented associates in our business. They have dedicated, and in some cases at the expense of, their work and personal lives to building and growing a company they believed in. They have spent many years as friends and confidants of our Customers only to be put in positions of looking at their shoes when asked about modernizing and updating our products.

Cons

These people that have worked so hard along side me have been beaten down by current Leader to the point of downright abuse and harrassment. Most are afraid to talk up and those that have are no longer here or have been put in roles where its obvious to them and others that they should button up or loose their jobs. There has been a lot of talk in investing in the old products but other than a few "facelifts" here and now, nothing substantial has been added to our portfolio in the many years since I have been at Sage. There is no articulated Vision statement and no strategy that will take us past the next 3-6 months. Leadership in place has never had experience with successfully driving revenue and building a strategic company so we are all suffering the consequences of no plans to move forward. They talk of Customer Service and even have an executive responsible for driving service levels but there has never been, in any of the divisions, a clear change in the way we treat our customers

Advice to Management

Sage should deploy a leadership model that allows the talented leadership and general managers that are actually driving the business to make the decisions that will move this company forward. In addition, make an unemotional decision around growing or selling off our portfolio of products. It may be too late for some but we may be able to salvage some strong products and strong people.

"Over the course of 3 years the company's leadership has taken a hit."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Pros

-- Flexibility in work schedule
    -- Team members are great to work with.

Cons

-- Disjoint teams as different departments are not on the same page.
    -- Too many closed door meetings
    -- Too many diplomatic answers to key questions.
    -- Each executive have his/her own agenda.

Advice to Management

-- Honesty is the best policy