Saia LTL Freight - Going the wrong direction. | Glassdoor

"Going the wrong direction."

Former Employee - City Pick Up and Delivery Driver in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Saia LTL Freight full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pay, equipment, plenty of work. With opening the east coast. This company could be on its way to great things. But...... the cameras in the truck could ruin it.

Cons

Only issue I have is the cameras. I truly understand the reasoning. I really do. But it's not practical. If they continue down this path. They will struggle to retain good drivers. They are letting go guys/gals that have been with the company for 20 plus years. They are dead set on absolutely no phones. Not even Bluetooth at all. If caught twice you are let go. While I strongly agree with the handling the cell phone policies. To say u can even answer a phone call via Bluetooth. ( which by federal law is legal). I think is going too far. If you spend 12 hours in a vehicle and your family needs to get in touch with you. You must pull over. While being here for the three months. The terminal I am at. They have let go of 10+ drivers for this infraction. My opinion is, if this trend continues. The company will be force to hire the bottom of the barrel drivers. And they will have more of a issue than they expected. Safety department has a straggle hold on this company. Truly wish this wasn't the issue. I would strongly consider staying. But, not willing to take the risk. Next week will be my last.

Continue reading
    Saia LTL Freight2017-07-16
  1. "Great Company - Lots of Opportunity to Grow"

Current Employee - Inside Sales in Johns Creek, GA

I have been working at Saia LTL Freight full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

You work hard....you'll get the results plus the recognition that you deserve. Excellent Health Benefits. Very good career path. Treat employees with the respect they deserve....big fan of Saia!

Cons

There isn't anything bad that I can say.

Continue reading
    Saia LTL Freight2019-09-03
  2. "Solid Company"

I have been working at Saia LTL Freight full-time

Pros

Competitive wages and solid culture

Cons

Freight is a crazy industry with very high expectations. Fast paced and lots can go wrong daily. Many different initiatives going on at one, can be difficult to focus.

Saia LTL Freight2020-03-20

Discover more reviews about Saia LTL Freight.