Saks Fifth Avenue - Good transitional job | Glassdoor

"Good transitional job"

Pros

Double discounts for employees are very good.

Cons

No place for growth or advancement. Pay is low and pressure is high. Higher management keeps pushing and does not realize that we cannot force customers to come in the store and make purchases. Sales associates are hit for the returns.

Advice to Management

People on the floor know what they are doing. Please ask for their feedback instead of assuming that clientelling is enough to bring customers. A little more useful marketing is needed.

Other Employee Reviews for Saks Fifth Avenue

"Left another company to come here but made a HUGE mistake"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bal Harbour, FL
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in Bal Harbour, FL

I worked at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed my co-workers although most of the time we were on top of each other since there were so many of us.

Cons

Dress code standards were never adhered to and most employees took no pride in their appearance and clearly upper management did not care as it was never addressed.
    The HR department had no clue what it meant to keep things confidential as everyone knew everyone's business. The store manager? Well, even when she was there you would never know it and if you did ever see her walking the floor she only spoke to a select few.
    They keep flooding the sales floor with so many associates that it makes it difficult to earn a decent living.

Advice to Management

Walk the walk and talk the talk

"A very SLOW store!"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Associate in Santa Barbara, CA

I have been working at Saks Fifth Avenue full-time

Pros

You are encouraged to create a "book of clients"and "run your own business." You are fairly autonomous and you are able to run your business the way you see fit. Management is easily approachable and will assist you.

Cons

It takes a while to be an accepted to the sales team. There is a double standard between the sales staff and the management team. The CEO is under a lot of pressure to perform, and is raising the bar on a daily basis. To succeed you need to open Credit Accounts and do end of the sale Surveys.