Salal Credit Union - Great family-like environment and place to learn. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Salal Credit Union

"Great family-like environment and place to learn."

Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in Seattle, WA
Former Intern - Human Resources Intern in Seattle, WA

I worked at Salal Credit Union as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

I learned so much valuable experience and worked with amazing,kind people. I was given the freedom to utilize my own skills as well as the opportunity to build upon new skills and accept challenging assignments. Salal is a great place to work for and from personal experience, you really get to know your department on a more personal level which just adds to the overall great work environment. I was also very satisfied with the internship pay, they offered way more than I was initially expecting.

Cons

The only thing I can really think of is that the commute was long for me. However, Salal offers subsidized ORCA card which definitely made my commute easier.

Advice to Management

Continue allowing departments to hire interns! This is a great organization to work for.

Other Employee Reviews for Salal Credit Union

"Loaded with Opportunity!"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Salal Credit Union full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

It's a small enough company to be able to know everyone, but large enough to offer a wide variety of opportunities for employees and the ability to work on a variety of projects and learn a lot. Excellent growth, innovative mindset, great benefits, and diverse business lines are just a few of the positives.

Cons

Salal's innovative mindset means the organization tries new things and evolves quickly - which isn't necessarily a good fit for everyone.

Advice to Management

Continue to improve communication and building a true corporate culture to really enhance the employees' experience.

Salal Credit Union Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Wow, thank you for your perspective! It’s great to gain feedback from someone who has experienced the changes in the last few years and believes we’re moving in the right direction. We agree that... More

"Salal is a great place to work!"

I have been working at Salal Credit Union full-time

Pros

This is a great company. Competitive benefits and salaries, free parking which is a huge bonus in the South Lake Union area. We have monthly All Staff meetings to discuss company progress/etc as well as upcoming changes. There’s a Suggestion Box tool to recommend things to management, which is nice because they want to hear ideas. If it can’t be implemented, they generally tell you why. What’s nice right now is that the company is conducting “employee engagement sessions” to get feedback from everyone. My experience has been that there are fun and smart people to work with and great food. You are never bored because there is always something new and interesting to learn and work on. It is an exciting time to be here with all the changes being made. Also loved the recent barbecue! Hope we do more of them!

Cons

Going through growing pains. Many projects are happening at once. Sometimes coworkers struggle with changing and it’s hard from them to go from “this is how we’ve always done it” to “let’s keep evolving” or “is this really the best way?”

Advice to Management

Stay innovative and keep the great benefits at no cost to the employees. Excited about the move to new headquarters building in Northgate!

Salal Credit Union Response

Jun 23, 2017 – Human Resources Representative

Hi, and thanks for sharing! It’s wonderful to hear you’re having such a positive experience. You’re right about the growing pains – thank you for mentioning the employee engagement sessions, because... More