KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Current Employee

Unprofessional environment

Nov 23, 2021 - Personal Financial Representative in Tukwila, WA
    Business Outlook

Pros

Credit Union that’s member focus

Cons

Unorganized, unprofessional, lack of communication, bad managements, under pays, personality base hire.

1 person found this review helpful

Salal Credit Union Response

Thank you for your feedback. At Salal, we are always interested in hearing about your experience in order to continuously improve. We would love for you to reach out to our Human Resources Department so that we can learn more specifics from you in order to identify how we can improve.

Other Employee Reviews

1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 5 years

So much growth

Dec 31, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

- small enough to make an impact, large enough to provide structure and resources - plenty of growth opportunities - generous tuition/education benefit - free healthcare plan available - remote work opportunities

Cons

- minor politics - growing so quickly, sometimes too quickly

Be the first to find this review helpful

Salal Credit Union Response

Thanks so much for your feedback! We're happy to hear that our benefits and growth resources have worked out well for you.

2. 3.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Multiple year growth phase, more support needed

Dec 5, 2021 - Anonymous Employee
    Business Outlook

Pros

The people at Salal are amazing. Everyone is working hard to achieve their objectives and most teams work well together. I appreciate that the company prioritizes diversity and inclusion. There's been a big focus on keeping employees and members safe during the pandemic. The communication around COVID-19 and changing policies or requirements has been great.

Cons

We've been in a growth phase for multiple years and sometimes it feels like we will never catch up. Instead of stopping to catch our breath, we move full steam ahead and it feels like burnout is just around every corner. Vacation accruals are not great and it takes awhile to start earning a sufficient amount. It's a great place to work for people who want to wear multiple hats and contribute to the growth. Not a business as usual financial institution.

Continue reading
    Be the first to find this review helpful

Salal Credit Union Response

We appreciate you taking the time to provide this thoughtful feedback about Salal Credit Union. It's good to know that Credit Union's efforts around employee care and belonging have been felt. In terms of our growth trajectory, you have some really helpful feedback to share. We are, indeed, continuing to grow and scale the company as we do so. Our teams are working on resources to combat burnout and continue our growth in a way that is as sustainable as possible. Please feel free to continue sharing any feedback you have regarding those programs as they get implemented. We always appreciate feedback and use it to craft and update our benefits to employee. Be sure to check out our EAP as well since they have some great resources to help manage stress.

Discover more reviews about Salal Credit Union.

Salal Credit Union Photos

+ Add Photo
Salal Credit Union photo of: For the third year in a row, Salal Credit Union has been recognized as one of Washington's Best Workplaces
Salal Credit Union photo of: Raising money for Making Strides Against Breast Cancer!
Salal Credit Union photo of: Best Places to Work!
Salal Credit Union photo of: Awesome Staff representing us at Best Places to Work
Salal Credit Union photo of: Salal Wall - Headquarters