Salesforce - This is one of the best companies in the world. | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

"This is one of the best companies in the world."

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA
Current Employee - Sales Representative in Spokane Valley, Spokane, WA

Pros

Salesforce is a very forward-thinking and progressive company. Pay is generous, and the company goes out of its way after you are hired to make you feel important. Orientation takes in place in San Francisco, and they'll fly you down there. Part of orientation involves volunteer work at a local charitable organization; in fact the company gives you an additional paid week off each year to devote toward volunteer work. Benefits are excellent, and include fitness expense reimbursement ($100/mo) in addition to full medical, health and dental. My division buys the entire office catered lunch twice a week, although that perk doesn't apply everywhere.

Managers are fair, and don't ask their employees to work to exhaustion. The company is growing at a rapid pace, so there is plenty of room for growth and advancement. Finally, there is the name recognition that comes with working at a prestigious company. Salesforce. People in the IT world place it in the same category as Google and Apple. Even if you don't stick around long-term, it looks great on a resume.

Cons

Interoffice scuttlebutt is of course an issue, but it's not a problem unique to Salesforce by any means. In the division I am a part of, there is no formalized training or onboarding program, so the first couple weeks can be rough while you get acclimated. With all the growth, sales territories are constantly being moved around and this can make rapport building with clients difficult.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. There are teething problems to be worked out, but overall I feel you guys are one competent bunch that do a great job of balancing the company's and employees' interests.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

1. "GOOD"

Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Marketing in New York, NY

Pros

good, potential to grow, relies on quality work

Cons

relied on old managers and not new talents

"So-so experience but good for the resume"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Interesting technology with contemporary products
    fast paced with lots of work to do
    philanthropic with opportunities to volunteer

Cons

treat new comers with contempt
    there is no real management support due to fast pace
    tedious work in a Machiavellian environment

Advice to Management

Real managers aren't just people who do a good job, they are people who know how to communicate with and motivate diverse personalities. Give training to mangers and if they are managing people give them the title; my manager was dissatisfied with her role and was more focused on figuring out how to manage her own career than she was with managing me. She left her position, but not without some passive aggressive angst. I got mismanaged as a result. I have thirteen years of tech experience, mainly between two of the more successful tech companies in the valley, and have been in management before, so I know what I am talking about. The best companies aren't just interested in growth and domination, they are interested in effectively managing real people.