Salesforce - Good for the resume | Glassdoor

"Good for the resume"

Current Employee - Senior Manager, Marketing Operations in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Manager, Marketing Operations in San Francisco, CA

Pros

Company is growing, lots of enthusiasm in the market. Still hiring, even in the tough economy. Product team is always innovating - lots of exciting things are announced regularly. Exciting place to work - customers are evangelists, companies eagerly seek to do business with us. Very different from most software companies that are yearning for customers and press attention. Dynamic, fast moving environment. Busier than most companies.

Cons

Innovation means constant change - not all employees can succeed in the environment, it's very demanding. Chaotic environment, less experienced management team. Focus is on growth. Some infrastructure in place but it's not the priority.

Advice to Management

Need to hire more seasoned management, evolve the culture.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

1. "Want to help create the future of software?"

Current Employee - User Interface Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Interface Designer in San Francisco, CA

Pros

It's the least political, most functional, software development environment I've encountered. The whole company is focused on the most important factors for success - communication, efficiency, and the customer. The policy of "no sacred cows" applies to all aspects of the business lending to a culture that is always focused on improving both the product and the processes.

Cons

We work hard and we move our desks too often. Environment-wise, I would love a more open studio feel for the designers. Right now we're all stuck in standard cubes, in straight rows. Something more organic and flexible would be more appealing and inspirational.

Advice to Management

Keep the top performers happy and get rid of the under performers. Improve the physical environment for the employees.

"My best career move thus far"

Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Mateo, CA
    Current Employee - Sales Engineer in San Mateo, CA

Pros

I feel senior management listens to us and provides the tools we need to succeed. I'm constantly armed with the right information going into competitive situations. The product we represent is superior both in a demonstration environment and production environment. Our customers are excited about using our product to manage their business; new uses of our platform appear often on customer calls.

Cons

The monthly quota can burn people out. At times it feels like a burnout but then again, if we factor in the nature of sales in general, it's not bad. I can see the upside. Sales can be difficult especially in a recession however, with a product that people use, and talk about, I'm not too concerned.

Advice to Management

Continue executing.