Salesforce - Things are a changing... | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

"Things are a changing..."

Current Employee - Principal Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Principal Sales Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great salary package and benefits. Finally a ESPP 8 years after going public. Good 1st and 2nd level managers. The best product out there! Fast moving and on the leading edge.

Cons

Company has changed in the last 18 months. Upper management is out of touch. Each month end is like a "quarter end". Company has grown very fast and the infrastructure is not where it should be to support the growth, making it difficult at times to get the proper resources and support to do your job at the highest level. The tone of management has changed from a entrepreneurial do anything feel, to a restrictive and cold Oracle feel.

Advice to Management

You need to decide - do you want to be a transaction based company with a monthly quota, or a true enterprise company focusing on the big deals. It's hard to catch the big fish if you are busy each month trying to also catch a few small and medium sized fish. An ELA, by it's nature, does not typically close in 3-6 months - or for that matter in 3-9 months. They typically take 9-18 months.

I have referred a number of people, and many have been hired. However, with the current gap created by requiring monthly numbers, yet also making the big ELA a focus, I can no longer recommend the company at this time. In fact, I have warned a number of people who reached out to me via LinkedIn about this gap.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

"FUN place to work"

Current Intern - Support Analyst in San Francisco, CA
    Current Intern - Support Analyst in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Dreamforce!
    Culture at salesforce.com is really laid back
    Freedom to move around & learn new things

Cons

None as of the few months I've been here

"Meh"

Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Solid pay & benefits
    Great philanthropy opportunities
    Good work/life balance (at least on my team)
    Probably on of the best office locations in SF
    Potential to learn a lot

Cons

Moves very slowly (only people who think 3 releases/year is fast come from even more enterprisey backgrounds)
    Lots of extra added process in the last year, making life harder for devs
    Cult worship of his highness gets old incredibly fast, especially when...
    ...the company hasn't actually made money in a while (using non BS accounting). This is completely inexcusable for a company with $3B+/year in revenue. If they can't generate real profits at that scale, they likely never will
    Most importantly, the vast majority of the R&D org doesn't really care about either their jobs or technology in general. Thats not really a problem per say (their prerogative to do so), but it wasn't really what I was looking for. I didn't interact with anyone at SFDC that I would call technically incompent, but there are far too many indifferent people and not nearly enough excellent people.