Salesforce - Great Company | Glassdoor

"Great Company"

Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Finance Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Transparent culture, dynamic work environment (we're always acquiring new companies and strategies are always evolving), benefits are great (VTO, generous PTO especially after you've been with the company more than a few years, etc.), bright co-workers that work hard, great location in SF

Cons

I've been with the Company for more than 5 years. The Company is more focused on the bottom-line than when I started (less extravagant holiday parties, fewer offsites, etc.) but maybe it's too be expected as we mature.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

1. "salesforce is a fun place to work - always at the forefront of exciting technology"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- fun & incredibly smart people
    - easy to feel connected to the organization
    - leader in the CRM/Technology space

Cons

- sales can be a high-stress job

"Growing Politics, non technology company"

Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Member of Technical Staff in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

1. Very good benefits, definitely not comparable to google, facebook or even yahoo
    2. Good culture inherited from CEO Marc unless your team is not good.
    3. Enthusiastic place, positive energy around. People of bit more dynamic personality

Cons

1. You have to bear hell of politics
    2. It was different when I started but now many of managers lie about promotions, bonus and green card process I think they purposefully delay so that they can retain employees. If they know you can not switch then they will give not give raise or agreed bonus as well. It happened with me.
    3. Its not a technology company. There are multiple CTOs, my group CTO does not even know current technologies, they try to solve big data problems using PL/SQL and will force you to do the same even if you know Hadoop technologies or other upcoming technologies.
    4. The promotion is based on number of check-ins you can make and managers openly tell that. Its absolutely not related whether you checked in test or some stupid UI / xml fix or a routine to mine billions of events to generate recommendations. How dumb management can be in technical aspect?
    5. Most of the product managers and product directors are jokers, they decide future product direction and design with no technical background. They talk about topic extraction using UI and static categories.
    6. Its all gonna go downhill with a burst of existing big customers leaving because product is good but page load performance sucks big time or if good technology company comes as a competitor. Its just a matter of time when it is going downhill.

Advice to Management

You suck because you can only survive by playing politics and sharing profit among yourselves