Salesforce - The best company I've had the pleasure to work for | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

"The best company I've had the pleasure to work for"

Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely flexible time, interesting problems to solve, hard-working and competent colleagues, positive environment, opportunity to move around company and grow.

Cons

Some may consider on-call rotations and supporting one's systems to be downsides to an engineering position; I don't mind it, and take pride in that work. I also think being page in the middle of the night changes the way you choose tools and build systems.

Advice to Management

For engineers, the meetings are few. Keep it that way!

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

1. "Created chaos....but some smart people"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Some smart, nice people working there, and working long hours resolving issues created by management, just for the sake of changing their mind. Great culture of volunteerism and high energy place to work.

Cons

Some things are not well thought out beforehand, no input gathered from the stakeholders, and the the policies have to be pulled back because of the backlash from people. Highly political and the company has many policies in dealing with employees that are, how do we say, illegal? Very reactive, upper management is not connected whatsoever with the lower levels of employees with the result that decisions are not well informed by the reality of working there. Employee surveys show an extremely unhappy group of employees in some divisions. HR is disregarded by the top-level management. Not surprising given that there is a lack of leadership in HR.

Advice to Management

Stop focusing on the weekly hiring numbers and instead focus on why people are leaving in large numbers, especially in the Sales teams. Make the vacation time more generous - giving people only two weeks a year given how stressful and relentessly paced the place is, is really not impressive.

2. "Great place to work and flourish"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great pay, culture, work environment, perks...an amazing company overall.

Cons

Politics can get in the way sometimes

Advice to Management

Salesforce has been an amazing place to work and it continues to look like a great home. Keep moving the ship (& stock) forward.