Salesforce - Smooth onboarding, Awesome company to work for. | Glassdoor

"Smooth onboarding, Awesome company to work for."

Current Employee - Director, Product Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Product guides the direction. This may sound like a given but most last tech companies, Engineering leads drive and PM support. - Benefits are great and help me find a good work/life balance - Going from a great company to Salesforce, working for a company that cares is so important to me. I get that so many times over here.

Cons

- In San Francisco. Not really a con, but I live in South Bay. Commute is long. Luckily they are WFH friendly.

Advice to Management

Keep up the perks, benefits, and comp. All of those really make me proud to brag to friends, family, former colleagues. Keep me a happy worker.

Salesforce2019-12-06
  1. "Unbelievable opportunity and Culture"

Current Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for less than a year

Pros

- Employee work life balance is actually working - Commitment to Society and Community are not just marketing slogans but are deeply embedded in culture - Management listens, respects opinions and takes actions - Unbelievable opportunity in terms of what you can work on and what you can create - Safe environment you can spend a life time here and not worry

Cons

- Lack of full stack experience for developers, you do more configuration than building - Speed can slow down due to excessive stress on collaboration and alignment - Some legacy elements, that need cleanup, but nothing that one cannot handle given everything else in place

Advice to Management

Salesforce is one of its own kind, please do not give away that differentiation, there are times when I have felt much more relaxed at my office, working on some really cutting edge and aggressive tasks, than lying at my couch at home and doing nothing. Especially Salesforce's commitment to the society and community provides meaning to what we do everyday, please never let that go away.

Salesforce2020-01-28

"Be Careful What You Ask For...."

Current Employee - Enterprise Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Decent benefits, awesome technology, pioneered SaaS, like my teammates

Cons

Been here well over 10 years. Used to be my dream job. Now it’s just a job. Plan to retire in a few years or else I’d been running for the door. We used to chase Oracle (the enemy). With all the former ORCL leadership that has joined SFSC we have become the enemy. Senior sales management has little respect from the sales teams. They manage up, make you fabricate false forecasts, belittle you, treat you like chattel. Some execs have multiple harassment issues filed with HR, yet they not only remain they are promoted. I once called HR for the potential need for a FMLA and was informed that Salesforce was an “employment at will” company. Seriously, where’s the Ohana. Fortunately I didn’t require the FMLA. I’ve pulled a lot of punches in this review out of respect for the Salesforce I used to know and luv. Said enough...

Advice to Management

Company need a BIG dose of introspection.

Salesforce2019-07-21

Discover more reviews about Salesforce.