Salesforce - Fast paced culture that attracts and retains very talented team member | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

"Fast paced culture that attracts and retains very talented team member"

Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Customer Success in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Very vibrant culture which is focused on education and growth. Company knows how to work and play hard. Very socially minded with a focus on 'foundation' and employees that are generally very nice and respectful. A great focus on 'doing the right thing.'

Cons

Fast pace can be exhausting at times. The culture is to help each other out and go the extra mile for the customer, which can lead to long days.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

"Going downhill fast. Really hard on us ExactTarget employees."

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I like the orange culture although its taken a hit because so many people in my department have left in the past 6 months. They hook you up with new technology every couple of years and I just got a new Dell laptop. Also snacks & drinks in the break room. Occasional Happy Hours with team members.

Cons

Been here a little over 2 years. It is good to see other current ExactTarget employees venting about similar frustrations I am having with its current state of affairs. This year has been very difficult, lots of uncertainty and a lot of turmoil at ExactTarget Indy HQ, so much so I have had many coworkers leave and take other jobs recently. Great teams are being dismantled due to the SalesForce takeover. The people who are still here are having to take on the work of the former employees along with their normal duties which makes for consistent 60+ hour work weeks. The cracks in the merger are really starting to show making for a tense and unfulfilling work environment. Sadly, I use to really love it here, truly heartbreaking to see this happen to a once great company.

HR and management are unbelievably concerned with their public image and I would not doubt if most of these 5 star ratings on here were actually written by them. Lets be real here, no job is 5 stars, every job has its frustrations and downfalls. Anyone rating a corporate company 5 stars is delusional.

I also notice a lot of the jobs that are being hired for currently are jobs people have recently left, which is deceiving because HR recruiters will really try to sell you on ET/SalesForce growth, which is a half-truth. Maintaining is more like it until they see how profitable the merger is, if it doesn’t meet expectations it won’t be pretty.

Advice to Management

We all know the sale of the company is your 1st step towards retirement in the Bahamas.

2. "Employee Benefits - It's not all about Health and Money"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Salesforce continuously offers non-traditional benefits to engage and elate employees. Point in fact is the recent ticket giveaway to the great Bridge School Benefit concert. This happens year round with charity, athletic and other events - the gifts keep on coming.

Cons

None - salesforce.com has it's good and bad just like any other company and is not perfect; however, the good far outweigh the bad as salesforce.com tries to improve year after year. They listen to us.