Salesforce - A company and culture at crossroads | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

"A company and culture at crossroads"

Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Senior Program Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Competitive salary, good benefits; good stock value growth. Good networking opportunities for entrepreneurs

Cons

Backstabbing, unnecessarily agressive culture; horribly inept middle management. Rapid hiring without adequate training have left many people working on unnecessary and unproductive projects

Advice to Management

Require training for middle managers to teach them how to work with, enable and promote the development of their reports; tie managers success to their reports success. Make requirements for advancement transparent and applicable to all employees.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

1. "Best Place to Work... End of story!"

Current Employee - G&A in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - G&A in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits, culture and the little things!! Our benefits are awesome, I am constantly told by friends how they'd love to work at a place like ET. You can't buy that kind of advertising!! I love our Orange culture - it is something that keeps me going and makes me love my job, the people I work with and our company! It's something you can take pride in and "be orange" as we say! I love all the added perks and little things that our company does for us - it's the small things that really go above and beyond - making sure we're well fed, healthy, fit, wellness fairs, Massage Mondays, wellness bucks (to buy any fitness ANYTHING, get a massage - and get reimbursed), I honestly think we're pretty spoiled and don't even always know it!! We're a family and families take care of one another - if a coworker has a family emergency, sickness or problem - our team rallies around them. Our philanthropy, ET Foundation, ExactImpact, days off to do volunteer work, etc. - the opportunities we have as a team to make a difference is just awesome and again, contributes to our Orange Culture! If you want to BE ORANGE - this is the place to be!!!

Cons

It's busy!! If you don't like being pushed to work hard, stretch yourself and find new innovative ways to keep things going - then it's not for you! We are so busy - it is a work/life balance battle, but the exec team almost all has smaller children as well - so from the top down, they get it. They get that we all work extremely hard, and we want to get time off to "play hard" too - it's a conscious choice that you have to be willing to make to achieve it.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in our culture and our people - don't change who we are! We are Orange and always will be!

"House of cards"

Former Employee - Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Some of the smartest people around, they do not skimp on perks, stock, popular place to work, pretty diverse group of people, pay

Cons

Technology is outdated, system architecture is seriously dangerous, very very political, management ignores technical recommendations to go for 'band aid' fix to appease upper mgmt constantly, very immature as a company

Advice to Management

Listen to the people whom you pay for their expertise