Salesforce - ESB - Sr. AE | Glassdoor

"ESB - Sr. AE"

Former Employee - ESB in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - ESB in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Free food and drinks

People were very nice there - but many felt trapped and were clamoring to find better alternatives

Cons

Everything else. Want to truly not be inspired - work at Salesforce.com

They will promise you the stars at the ESB role - but I left feeling betrayed by their pitch. I cam from a highly successful startup that was acquired and spent 7 months of my life at SFDC trying to convince myself I would like it eventually. Never happened.

Actually if you enjoy big corporate culture where not much is done and you get an 'ok' paycheck - while waiting for a chance to climb the later and make a decent paycheck in a few years it's a good fit.

However it is far from a fast moving company - I found most AE's there working side jobs in the conference rooms as the job really does not inspire much.

Advice to Management

None - I do not blame management for not changing course - alot of them were there early and benefit from a culture that forcefully makes employees drink ridicules Kool-Aid. Dream job, Ha!

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

"#dreamjob?? Maybe for some."

Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Executive in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Salesforce is great company to work for if you fall into one of these two buckets:

1) A few years removed from college and you're looking to cut your teeth in software sales.

2) You have been working for SFDC for 5+ years.

Cons

If you're an accomplished sales rep at another company and looking for a move, here are some things to note about SFDC. These apply if you're looking for an ESB, SMB, MM or Commercial Account Executive role at SFDC:

1) Base salary is about 20-30% lower than most companies

2) They will tell you that on target earnings (OTE) are attainable if you "create your own success." Translation: We expect "butts-in-seats" by 7 AM, and cold calls / BASHO emails being sent all day.

3) Less than 2% of all new AE's reps hit OTE in their first two years (basically, expect to make a base salary). Ask this question during your interview.

3) Your every move is monitored through a dashboard, and people with the most cold calls, call connects, meetings scheduled, etc. win small SPIFFs (Think "Boiler Room")

Advice to Management

You are losing good people, so time to start acting like a big company.

"Not the best company for a tech person, maybe a good one for a sale person."

Former Employee - Mobile Developer in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Mobile Developer in Chicago, IL

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good health insurance, tech lunches.

Cons

Constant overworking, long hours, like 70+, small compensation, rude managers, stupid performance review process, V2MOM's.

Advice to Management

Respect your employees, pay them what they deserve.