Salesforce - Chaos | Glassdoor

"Chaos"

Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Director in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great compensation. Very smart people.

Cons

Salesforce operates on the verge of Chaos. They act like a $3M company when its really a $3B company. Very little thought of planning goes in to anything. This drives a culture of groups just doing "something". This drives tons of inefficiency and work done for nothing.

The company is extremely hierarchical. Asking questions or participating in the process is frowned upon. The top dogs of a group make a decision and its just go do it. There is no seat at the table for discussion.

Advice to Management

Slow down a tad to think your decisions through. You'll become much more efficient and make a lot more $$.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

"A whirlwind of insanity"

Former Contractor - Writing in San Francisco, CA
    Former Contractor - Writing in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

The money was good while it lasted and they never asked for my laptop back. ;)

Cons

I was brought in to write remotely and went through many phone interviews. When I was finally hired on, the work they really wanted me to do had little to do with what they acted like they wanted in the interviews. ("real journalism", they said.) In reality, they just wanted me to regurgitate junk and write as quickly as I could. All I heard back from the numerous e-books I was expected to spit out everyday, was "awesome," "awesome," until by the 8th week, without warning I was told that the budget for my position has mysteriously disappeared. Overall, it was a deeply impersonal experience. And quite jarring. But it gave me some good material for my writing.

Advice to Management

Uh, watch the chain of command trickle down in these numerous orbiting silos operating under Salesforce.com. The people working there have little to do with espousing the warm and personal philosophy I hear about the company. What I dealed with was very out of step with anything resembling humanity.

"Great company, great people, great benefits, but still.. corporate America"

Current Employee - Enterprise Business Representative in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Enterprise Business Representative in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great people, great training, fun culture, career options

Cons

corporate politics (as you will likely find anywhere) can be draining
    I am in the Sales organization and they really try to funnel you up in Sales and don't encourage cross-department transitions
    Sometimes felt under-valued, disposable

Advice to Management

Look at the greater picture, invest in your employees.