Salesforce - Blazing hot marketing & sales, lukewarm technology | Glassdoor

Find your next job here

There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

"Blazing hot marketing & sales, lukewarm technology"

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA
Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

- Great pay and benefits
- Acceptable work-life balance
- Friendly coworkers
- SCRUM strictly enforced throughout R&D

Cons

- Sales and marketing driven company - not a technology company
- Treats engineering as a liability and not an asset
- High attrition

Advice to Management

Invest in fixing the severely broken platform if you'd like to innovate outside of CRM and call-center support.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

1. "Fast-paced, challenging, high-growth"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Lots of opportunities for lateral moves, fast-paced, Orange culture, innovative, great benefits, global company, great HR team.

There's never a stagnant moment--there will always be work to be done, challenges to overcome. Most teams embrace innovation so long as you've proven your ability to follow through and forge a successful path. The company's also growing unbelievably fast, generating tons of opportunities for lateral career moves.

Cons

Slightly unorganized, cross-department communication challenges, hard work-life balance, promotions constantly being given to upper management.

Work-life balance can be very hard--not sure if this is the place for someone who only wants to work 8-5, especially within Product and Services. Although they say you're only expected to work 40-hour weeks, the reality is that everyone will be working 45-60, sometimes more during certain times of the year.

Advice to Management

Recognize the work of your lower-mid level employees, stop reorganizing departments more than twice a year, and introduce some diversity in the Indianapolis offices (in all meanings of the term, not just in regards to race).

"Great company, terrible politics - Review for the Marketing Cloud"

Current Employee - Sales
    Current Employee - Sales

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great, innovative company with amazing benefits, smart people, and opportunities. The majority of the rest of this review is for the marketing cloud in particular.

Cons

Being in the Marketing Cloud in particular, there were many acquisitions and a terrible, negative culture. Now that ExactTarget has become a part of the Marketing Cloud, its a fight for control between Salesforce and ET. Not a fun place to be right now with all the changes and job security is a joke. Many ExactTarget employees and managers that came over from the acquisition are totally unprepared for their positions. Everyone there got promotions and I'd have to say the majority are completely unqualified. I don't see things turning out well.

Advice to Management

Learn a little bit from Salesforce and how they became successful (specifically for the ET folks). Have conversations with your employees and develop honest relationships. Don't micromanage, we work at salesforce because we most likely know what we're doing, and everyone works differently. Calm your ego down. Start leveraging employees' strengths rather than beating up their weaknesses. Most of all, good luck... personally I won't be here much longer.

Salesforce Response

Mar 26, 2014 – Employee Success Team

Thanks so much for your review! We agree there's always room for growth. One of the ways we're looking to facilitate more #dreamjob experiences is by sharing reviews like yours with executives so... More