Salesforce - Lead Member of technical staff | Glassdoor
There are newer employer reviews for Salesforce

"Lead Member of technical staff"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good benefits, work life balance.

Cons

Week engineering team, not the real dream job you expect.
Seems like too many engineers trying to solve the same problem from different angles.

Other Employee Reviews for Salesforce

"Politics dominate every decision"

Former Employee - Lead Member of Technical Staff Software Engineer in San Francisco, CA

I worked at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Pays well. Cash bonus is nice. ESPP and 401k match, too. Well established processes make build and check-in process easy.

Cons

Politics are insane. A few key individuals with terrible instincts and 1990's rechnology skills rule the day. For the past 18 months or so there has been a senior talant exodous as poor technical decisions are forced upon people and they must choose between a nice paying job and their happiness. If you can carve out a niche you can survive for a while but eventually you will need to conform. If you are happy there and see no problems, stay there because you'll fail all interviews at any other up-to-date companies.

Advice to Management

Time to clean house and reset. A desperate need for new talant is way over due. A hires A, B hires C; And all of your A has left. When the rest of the world goes left and you go right, is that because you are innovative or run by the wrong people....?

"Best of the Best"

Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive
    Current Employee - Commercial Account Executive

I have been working at Salesforce full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

We are the best at what we do:
    -Brightest executives in the industry driving smart sales moves that are deeply compelling to clients.
    -Top down support of Foundation work and efforts. The 1-1-1 model is inspiring and helps create a positive culture.
    -Team culture is strongly encouraged, I respect and enjoy working closely with my AVP, RVP and teammates--sharing best practices, helping colleagues ,celebrating each others wins, and delivering great solutions for our customers. SF is a meritocracy; success is promoted and rewareded

Cons

It's a growing company, scaling rapidly, it has more than doubled in size since I have been working here. That's not necessarily a con, but each year we have to evolve our sales process and get better at what due as the territories grow smaller. Still, the Pros more than outweigh any con I write about this amazing company.

Advice to Management

Stay close with the AEs--we see everything going on in the market and have strong suggestions on how we can all evolve and succeed as a company as we march toward 15 Billion in yearly revenue.