KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Former Employee

great

Jul 1, 2022 - Customer Service Representative (CSR) in Iowa City, IA
    Business Outlook

Pros

this company is great to work for

Cons

i do not have any cons

Be the first to find this review helpful
  1. 5.0
    Current Employee, more than 3 years

Just ok

Aug 11, 2022 - Account Executive, General Commercial Market in Columbia, SC
    Business Outlook

Pros

great culture, embarrassment of resources for sales

Cons

Recruiters use overtime to justify lower base salaries, but it’s never guaranteed. Stop taking away or limiting our OT

Be the first to find this review helpful
  2. 3.0
    Former Employee, more than 1 year

What a disappointment...

Nov 30, 2020 - Account Executive- Core Team in San Francisco, CA
    Business Outlook

Pros

- Benefits are top notch - Perks in the tower and holiday party are impressive - Sales tactics and strategies are great for growth even as an experienced rep - You’ll meet very talented sales rep with a wide variance of styles -ESPP - generous maternity/paternity leave. Although this will affect your likelihood of be promoted

Cons

I came into Salesforce like every rep, excited and eager to get my “MBA” in sales. Working here you’ll have to be prepared to give up everything just to stay afloat. In the first year you will most likely be given a terrible territory and what you do with it will decide your future here. Things you will need to juggle effortlessly or will lead you down the road of being let go are: - Activity- lots of calls. People who fib numbers here are celebrated by leadership but frowned upon by reps - Opp rigor- the amount of fields you will need to update are mind numbing - Pipeline- with a terrible territory be prepared to pipe aspirational pipeline that will be highly scrutinized - Prep meetings- there are endless prep meetings before calls. Due to schedules each person involved will require a prep meeting, leaving your day with little time for anything else. - Team selling- be prepared to sell with folks much junior than you and not held to as high of standards. If the deal falls through, it’s on you. There are a few coprimes that are skilled sales reps - Your “brand”- It’s important to maintain appearances, even on bad days. Your brand is determined by how involved you are in diversity, volunteer work, and leading the team, which requires tenure. -Manager 1:1’s- these are a trap to look out for. Salesforce preaches trust as one of it pillars, but beware that everything said in those meetings will be used against you when they have soured on you - Time management- working a 12 hr day is table stakes. There are endless distractions you will need to navigate and make hard decisions on “brand”/ appearance maintenance vs selling The work/life balance is very heavy on the work side. The exec team repeatedly say their biggest regrets are not spending enough time with family. This will never change if they don’t take it serious. There is a lot you can learn here but at the expense of your self confidence as some managers make you feel worthless when your awful territory isn’t performing. If that isn’t enough to make you steer clear, the pay is very low and less than 20% of reps hit their annual numbers The “Ohana” culture is a mirage. There is nothing remotely familial about the culture. It is an ultra competitive pressure cooker. I just had such higher hopes for my experience left disappointed...

Continue reading
    434 people found this review helpful

Discover more reviews about Salesforce.

Salesforce Photos

+ Add Photo
Salesforce photo of: Some of our Toronto employees at the Pride Parade
Salesforce photo of: We are proud to share that Salesforce Ireland has just been named a Healthy Place to Work! We had so much fun at the celebration!
Salesforce photo of: Our Singapore team playing basketball
Salesforce photo of: A group of our colleagues from Amsterdam and Munich teamed up to participate in the Vondelparkloop in 🇳🇱 to raise funds and awareness for the charity Astriid.
Salesforce photo of: Last week, Salesforce collaborated with PENCIL on a College Day themed event at Dual Language Middle School in New York.
Salesforce photo of: Recently, The Indianapolis Business Journal highlighted Bob Stutz -  CEO, Marketing Cloud & Chief Analytics Officer for his exceptional leadership.
Salesforce photo of: Members of our Swiss🇨🇭 team had a great VTO time feeding cows, cooking and doing construction work. They were volunteering at a farm that produces milk for delicious Gruyère cheese 🧀